Position: Communication Officer
Reports to: Head of Communication
Duration: One year (renewable)
Location: Bangkok, Thailand
ECPAT International is a global network of civil society organisations working together to end the sexual exploitation of children through prostitution, pornography and trafficking. It seeks to ensure that children everywhere enjoy their fundamental rights free and secure from all forms of commercial sexual exploitation.
The ECPAT network currently has 95 member organisations in 86 countries in all regions of the world. All members are independent organisations or coalitions working against the sexual exploitation of children (SEC). The Secretariat of the Network is based in Bangkok, Thailand.
ECPAT’s capacity to accelerate progress against SEC requires a stronger and more effective Network, served by a more responsive and unifying Secretariat. The movement requires enhanced global and regional collaboration, greater shared understanding, clarity of direction and a focus on common goals. Successful network development links national, regional and international efforts, with synergies and clear accountability among the different parts of the organisation that bring positive results for children.
Overall Purpose of the Position
Under the supervision of the Head of Communication, the Communication Officer will support the implementation of ECPAT International’s on- an offline communication strategies, both within the network and towards the wider public and stakeholders.
- Implement ECPAT International’s on and off-line communication work plans;
- Support the communication around key advocacy and campaign events;
- Manage ECPAT’s website, including writing content and promoting submission of content among staff and member organisations;
- Implement ECPAT International’s online communication plan and effectively use social media to engage supporters, partners and target decision-makers;
- Update and manage ECPAT’s media contact lists;
- Manage the ECPAT info-account and coordinate responses to incoming queries and requests;
- Support the development of media materials (including press releases, Q&As, and opinion pieces) in multiple and appropriate formats (print/broadcast/web), and coordinate translation and distribution;
- Support the organisation of media events, including press conferences, interviews and help prepare/brief those who will be representing ECPAT in such events.
- Coordinate the timely production and dissemination of ECPAT visibility materials as well as institutional materials (brochures, annual reports);
Internal Network Communications
- Manage the Network Hub (Intranet), including administering accounts and support and encourage ECPAT members to use the Hub;
- Assist staff, interns and member groups with posting, editing and overall use of the Hub;
- Manage the dissemination of official ECPAT Network communications, including through posting on the Hub, coordinate necessary translations and maintain archival system;
- Serve as focal point for all mailing and surveys to the Network;
- Develop, design and disseminate the monthly ECPAT e-Bulletin in four languages, through collecting information from the Hub and Member groups. Manage e-Bulletin distribution lists.
- Provide support in the development of funding proposals in support of communication activities;
- Provide effective communication support to all ECPAT fundraising and grant management activities, including writing and/or editing of concept notes, proposals and reports;
- Coordinate and implement the communications and stewardship with public donors (acknowledgements, newsletters, etc);
- Engage actively in development of annual work plans and measuring and monitoring targets and indicators.
- University degree in Communication, Journalism, Public Relations, Media Studies, or other related field;
- Minimum three years of progressively responsible and relevant professional experience working in the fields of communication, campaigning, or public relations and experience in working in various media formats (photo, audio, video print, and web);
- Demonstrable experience in managing digital communication and social media;
- Proficiency in computer systems, including internet navigations, office applications and interactive digital media;
- Strong writing skills and ability to adapt style for different audiences;
- Fluency in English language (written and verbal); knowledge of French, Spanish, Russian is considered a strong asset;
- Understanding of international human rights monitoring mechanisms, and preferably child rights is an asset.
- Commitment to mission, vision, values and principles of ECPAT;
- Excellent communication and presentation skills;
- Relating and networking: excellent interpersonal skills, diplomacy, and tact;
- Planning and organising
- Ability to analyse and synthesize large amounts of information;
- Ability to deliver high quality work under pressure and meet deadlines;
Salary and benefits
ECPAT offers a competitive remuneration package and staff benefits.
Candidates interested in this position can download ECPAT’s Personal History Form at CLICK HERE
Please submit a completed Personal History Form and your cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Mention your name and the title of the position in the email subject line
Deadline: 10 May 2017