Company Name: Canada World Youth
Project Title: EQWIP HUBs Powering Youth Innovation for Sustainable Livelihoods
Start: As soon as possible
Working Location: 939 Somerset Street W. Ottawa, Ontario, K1R 6R8, Canada
Schedule: Full-time contract
Annual Salary: $60,000 (Non-Union Management)
Benefits Package: Group insurance, RRSP
ABOUT EQWIP HUBs
Do you want to work with a team of energetic, skilled and passionate individuals who are motivated to create innovative solutions for sustainable youth livelihoods? If yes, then EQWIP HUBs is the team for you!
Powered by Canadian leaders in global youth development – Canada World Youth (CWY) and Youth Challenge International (YCI) – the EQWIP HUBs project is a global network that connects Canadian volunteers, youth participants, and international partners through innovative programming in six developing countries.
Through 18 knowledge centres in Bolivia, Ghana, Indonesia, Peru, Senegal and Tanzania, EQWIP HUBs offers entrepreneurship and employment training so that young people, especially women, can come together to gain market-relevant skills and learn from mentors. Our youth focused collaborative and tech-friendly approach is unique. By working in partnership with global peers – we can create a better future for all. Together, we’re on a mission to change the lives of 100,000 youth by 2020.
Whether you’re an experienced Canadian looking to put your skills into action for youth development, or a young person in an EQWIP HUBs country looking for a program to prepare you for the future – we have opportunities for you.
Canada World Youth & Youth Challenge International
Each recognized as Canadian leaders, CWY and YCI bring a combined 70 years of expertise in global youth development. Forty thousand young people around the world have been transformed through CWY’s world-renowned global reciprocal exchange programs and YCI’s youth innovation initiatives, proving young people can lead real change in global health, the environment, and youth livelihoods.
We are looking for someone who is highly-structured, process focused, customer oriented, responsive and flexible. The position strengthens the project’s capacity to respond efficiently and effectively to volunteer recruitment and placement. Reporting to the Project Director, based in Ottawa, the Talent Acquisition Team Leader will act as the interface between the external and internal operation of the team responsible for sourcing, screening, interviewing, assessing, selecting and orientation of young Canadian professional volunteers in order to meet the diverse professional requirements of the EQWIP HUBS project.
- Working against weekly recruitment and placement targets, this position coordinates the necessary sales and customer service processes, including finance, administration and logistics related to all recruitment and placement functions
- Setting recruitment and placement targets; this position develops and monitors data analytics on a weekly, monthly and quarterly cycle. It provides analysis and recommends strategies and actions to the team and completes the analytical cycle by implementing the required strategy changes
- Working closely with the Finance & Administration team, the position assures the accurate financial recording and reconciliation on volunteer fundraising, contributed services, travel and volunteer tracking.
- Working closely with the Communications Team, the Team Leader collaborates on marketing and communications processes.
- Working closely with the Talent Acquisition team and Program team, the position provides leadership, under the direction of the Project Director, to volunteer orientation, pre-departure briefing and community engagement including other related activities.
- Working with Finance & Administration, Communications and Programs (as required) the position provides timely recommendations on business processes re-tooling and implements required changes in a timely and efficient manner with minimum business disruption.
- Supports Talent Acquisition activities by executing search strategies including networking, convening and hosting events and webinars, direct sourcing, social media, emails, referrals; to scale;
- Responds to enquiries from clients and partners interested in collaborating with EQWIP HUBS;
- Performs other duties as delegated by the Project Director
- Must be eligible to work in Canada
- Bilingual (English/French)
- University bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 3-5 years related work experience
- Highly organized to work effectively
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to prioritize
- Clear, concise and precise communicator
- Effective leadership and followership skills in a matrix structure
- Effective business analytic and numeracy skills
- Performance management skills in a people centered culture
HOW TO APPLY: