POSITION TITLE: Monitoring and Evaluation Expert
PROJECT: USAID Bersama – GBV Prevention Program in Eastern Indonesia
LOCATION: Papua and West Papua, Indonesia
DEPARTMENT: Civil Society & Education
REPORTS TO: Chief of Party
The Monitoring and Evaluation Expert will assist the Bersama M&E team to collect data for the upcoming annual report. This will involve conducting surveys to assess the effectiveness of the project and helping analyze data.
USAID Bersama is a five year – USAID funded project based in Jayapura, Papua in Eastern Indonesia. The project’s goal is to strengthen community-based organizations and government to prevent GBV and improve services to victims. The project is working in Papua and West Papua Indonesia.
The project is already working with 12 civil society organizations, building their capacity to change attitudes and cultural norms to increase respect for women and reduce gender-based violence. This assignment will help collect data for indicator the following indicators: Percentage of participants reporting increased agreement with the concept that males and females should have equal access to social, economic, and political resources and opportunities; Percentage of participants that view Gender-Based Violence (GBV) as less acceptable after participating in or being exposed to USG programming; and; Number of CSOs and CBOs conducting activities to fight and advocate against GBV.
Key Tasks and Timeline
- Review project materials, especially the Activity Monitoring and Evaluation Plan, existing datasets compiled by M&E team
- Develop data collection design and instruments (questionnaires, including for surveys)
- Train local enumerators (partners’ staff and FOs)
- Conduct interviews in selected sites and respondents for CSOs
- Quality assurance of the survey (random check, data consistency check, etc.)
- Data processing and analysis
- Write a report
Education: Master’s level degree required in social sciences or statistics or relevant degree
Required Work Experience:
- 5 years’ experience in project M&E with survey design and survey experience
- Fluency in and English required.
- Understanding of GBV sensitivities, ethical issues a plus
- Ability to work in a team and independently
- Ability to produce quality products within time
- Acute attention to detail.
HOW TO APPLY:
Applicants should submit a current resume and cover letter to the following email: Management.Bersama@winrock.org
Interested applicants are encouraged to apply ASAP, as applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Qualified Indonesian nationals, especially women and those residing in Eastern Indonesia, are strongly encouraged to apply.
Winrock International would like to thank all applicants for their interest but only candidates who meet all requisite criteria and are short listed will be contacted
Closing date for application is on Sept 14, 2018, COB GMT +9