Job opportunity in Beijing, China:
Join ICLEI – Local Governments for Sustainability
Application deadline: 17 December 2018
ICLEI is the leading global network of 1,500+ cities, towns and regions committed to building a sustainable future. Through our collective efforts, we impact more than 25 percent of the global urban population.
Local and regional governments across the ICLEI network work alongside a diverse team of global experts in 22 offices active across 124 countries. Together, we address the local impacts of unprecedented global change, from climate change to urbanization, aiming for urban development to have the least possible impact on global systems and to build communities that are people-centered and equitable.
Established by ICLEI East Asia Secretariat in March 2018, ICLEI East Asia Secretariat Beijing Office supports the efforts of Chinese cities in achieving sustainable, low-carbon, resilient, nature-based and circular development.
Vacancy: Program Officer
- Overall responsibilities for the management and development of urban programs to promote sustainable and green public procurement in China and East Asia region, including EcoProcura China and Procura+ East Asia
- Designing and implementing ICLEI low-carbon, resilient, nature-based and circular city programs to support Chinese and East Asian cities
- Research and writing of case studies, report and/or proposals, designing methodologies and tools customized for local governments
- Identifying opportunities and mobilizing resources to implement urban programs in East Asia region
- Communicating with national and local governments and partners in China and East Asia region for membership and partnership development
- Working in close cooperation and coordination with ICLEI East Asia Secretariat based in Seoul, South Korea
- Be rooted in the East Asia region and have lived in one or more East Asian countries (such as Korea, China, Japan and Mongolia) for a minimum of six years
- Have an excellent command of the Chinese and English language
- Have a degree in procurement, economics, urban infrastructure, environment, urban planning, civil engineering, climate change or another subject relevant to the position
- Have at least three years of working experience in a relevant field, ideally including professional experience in a country other than the home country
- Possess sound knowledge in public procurement, sustainable urban development, climate change and/or environmental management
- Have an excellent skills for research, analysis, writing and communication
- Be good at team working and time management
Terms and conditions
- The position is available immediately at the ICLEI Beijing Office in Beijing, China
- International travel will be required; communication with partners around the world may require work during unusual hours
- Working languages: Chinese and English
- Applicants must be eligible to obtain the appropriate work permit for China prior to the start of the position.
- Letter of motivation
- CV (max 3 pages) and photo
- Indication of citizenship
- Indication of availability date to email@example.com.