About the organisation:
Islamic Relief Worldwide is an independent humanitarian and development organisation with a presence in 40 countries around the globe. Islamic Relief Worldwide is a UK based International relief. We have been fighting poverty and injustice for 30 years, in a world in which over three billion people still live in poverty.
Islamic Relief Worldwide in Indonesia was in operation since 2003 following the MOU signing with the Ministry of Home Affairs. The objective of IRW in Indonesia programme is to contribute to the social welfare of the Indonesia people and to alleviate the suffering. The main sector for the programme include:
- Water and Sanitation
- Sustainable livelihood
- Child Welfare
- Disaster Risk Reduction and Emergency Response
- Climate Change
- Health and Nutrition
The geographical area of work include Banten, NTB, Aceh and Central Sulawesi province directly implementing or through partners. The operation in Palu is implemented through a local NGO partner.
Currently Islamic Relief Worldwide in Indonesia is looking to recruit Shelter & Wash Project Assistant based in Palu – Central Sulawesi.
Shelter & WASH Project Assistant
Reporting Line: Shelter/WASH Coordinator
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist partner staff in mobilizing community in WASH and shelter project activities
- Assist field team in communication to affected communities and set up complaint and feedback response mechanism (CFRM)
- Assist in reviewing and finalizing the BoQs, drawings, technical specifications for WASH and shelter projects
- Assist & supervise partner technical team in producing technical WASH and shelter outputs.
- Assist the Coordinator and follow up in procurement work.
- Keep track and proper filing to all documents related to program
- Produce activity reports
- Provide support to partner in producing monthly reports
- Monitor the activities within the agreed Detail Implementation Plan (DIP), and provide timely feedback for improvement maximizing local capacities.
- Attend WASH/Shelter cluster meeting in the absence of Coordinator
- Any other tasks delegated from his/her supervisor.
Required skills & Competencies :
- Degree in Civil, Environmental engineering, or related field is preferred.
- Minimum 1-2 years of engineering experience. Working in Humanitarian Organization in WASH department is highly desired.
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills, working with as a team member.
- Strong initiative and self-motivated, with a strong commitment to teamwork and humanitarian principle.
- Ability to multitask with competing demands under tight deadlines and work under pressure.
- Fully computer literate (Microsoft Office) and AutoCAD is a must and other engineering software knowledge is an asset.
- Fluent in Bahasa Indonesia and English.
Islamic Relief is a faith based-non government organization that respects diversity and inclusiveness. Applicants from diverse religions, gender, race, and physical impairment are encouraged to apply.
Accountability: All Islamic Relief team members are expected to support all efforts towards accountability, specifically to our beneficiaries and to international standards guiding international relief and development work while actively engaging beneficiary communities as equal partners in the design, monitoring and evaluation of our field project.
How to apply:
Please send only your application letter and CV to the email address: email@example.com Applications submit directly to Islamic Relief Indonesia Office will not be considered. Women are strongly encouraged to apply for this position. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
The deadline for submitting applications is: 6 May 2019