University Partnerships Assessment
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, DC metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI implements nearly 100 projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Morocco, Lebanon, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Colombia, and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with more than 80 organizations across all sectors of international development with clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the UNDP to national and local governments, NGOs, think tanks, foundations and universities.
The purpose of the University Partnerships Assessment is to map the higher education partnerships in Indonesia between US and Indonesian universities, including challenges and achievements over the last 10 years. The results of the assessment will help inform the new USAID/Indonesia Country Development Cooperation Strategy (CDCS — FYs 2021-2025) to design potential activities to improve the capacity of higher education institutions in Indonesia.
The assessment will be managed under MSI’s USAID/Indonesia Jakarta-based Monitoring and Evaluation Support Project (MESP).
MSI is seeking a qualified research analyst to support an assessment of university partnerships in Indonesia. The assessment is expected to begin in May 2019 and finish in September 2019.
- Review project background materials
- Participate in the initial Team Planning Meeting
- Contribute to the development of the review design, including the research methodology, data collection instruments and sampling plan, and work plan
- Contribute to the writing of the report (draft and final), and debriefing
- Support and participate in quantitative and qualitative data collection
- Analyze the quantitative and qualitative data collected
- Contribute to coordinating a Findings/Conclusions/Recommendations Workshop in Jakarta as well as a final workshop with USAID and Government of Indonesia officials
- Other tasks, as assigned by the Team Leader or MSI
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in relevant field required
- At least 4 years of professional experience working on evaluation, research, or assessment
- Strong knowledge of quantitative and qualitative analysis, including appropriate data collection methods on a question-specific basis and development of detailed data analysis plans
- Familiar with quantitative and qualitative analysis software
- Familiar with higher education sector and university partnerhip program preferred
- Basic research skills including experience conducting structured/semi-structured interviews, focus group discussions, and designing/administering surveys
- Basic statistic and data analysis skills, including data visualization skills
- Experience working on an evaluation/review/assessment team under donor-funded projects preferred
- Excellent writing and interpersonal communications skills
- Fluency in English preferred
- Experience in USAID projects evaluation is an advantage
How to apply:
Please send a cover letter, complete CV or Resumé and one writing sample of your research/evaluation work. Incomplete submissions will not be processed.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
To apply: Please send your application to IDNMESPRecruit@msiworldwide.com indicating “Research Analyst – University Partnerships” as the subject of your email, no later than May 11, 2019