- Maximize media opportunities for an international climate change movement
- Flexible regional location, work remotely, generous annual leave
- Asian nationals are strongly encouraged to apply
350.org is an expanding international movement, dedicated to solving the climate crisis and mobilising hundreds of thousands of people globally to take action to reduce greenhouse emissions and rapidly move to clean energy. 350.org is committed to the principles of justice, it values new perspectives, diverse thinking and different ways of working. Their growing network in 188 countries promotes community-based sustainability solutions for an economy free of fossil fuels.
Local Asian salary ranges include:
THB2,325 ,000, IDR651,000,000, VND655,650,000, PHP2,418,000, TWD1,209,000
Reporting to the deputy director communication, you will identify communications opportunities to maximize media opportunities for regional and global campaigns.
You will also:
- Craft and implement strategic communications plans
- Support and coordinate regional teams, ensuring rapid media response
- Manage media liaison and leverage media potential from campaigns
You will be an Asian-based communications expert, with strong media contacts and a minimum of 5 years’ experience, with a deep understanding of climate and environmental issues, at least partly gained in an NGO.
Additionally you will have:
- A proven track record using traditional and non-traditional media to achieve campaign objectives
- Excellent communication skills, including good English writing skills
- The ability to remain calm, positive and task focused under pressure
- A highly collaborative work style and experience working with multiple countries and multicultural teams
If you would like to leverage your media and communications expertise and join a strong, people-powered movement for a safe climate future, then please apply by forwarding your cover letter, responding to the skills required, and resume in MS Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference #129531 or contact Lois Freeke on (+61) 2 8243 0570