Los Angeles-based AIDS Healthcare Foundation (AHF), a non-profit, is a global organization providing cutting-edge medicine and advocacy to more than 1 million patients in 43 countries AHF is the largest provider of HIV/AIDS medical care in the U.S.
AHF Asia Bureau which is based in Cambodia is implementing its programs in Cambodia, China, Indonesia, Laos Myanmar, Nepal, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam. We are now looking for competent candidate to fulfill the function of a Finance and Administrative Officer to be based in Manila, Philippines.
The Finance and Administrative Officer for the Philippine office will be responsible for managing the finance, accounting and administrative functions for the AHF Philippines office located in Manila, Philippines. The Finance and Administrative Officer will oversee all financial aspects and administrative support and requirements of the country office This position reports to the Sr. Director – Global accounting and financial operations on all finance and administrative related matters and to the Philippines Country Manager for all operational matters. We prefer applicants residing in Manila.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accountancy / Finance, or any accounting and finance related or related field of expertise with at least 5 years related work experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in conduct and processes of Audit and INGO Accounting work will be an added advantage.
- Deep accounting knowledge of end-to-end financial systems and processes
- Must have strong organizational and coordination skills
- Must be Team player
- Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision at a fast pace
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with focus on quality and integrity.
- Enthusiasm for change, flexible and adapt to a dynamic environment as an agent of change.
- Willingness to go on occasional travel may be required.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Review, analyse and verify all AHF finance business transactions, including monthly accruals
- Assist in contract negotiations with vendors, service providers/ suppliers and, maintain log of contracts
- Provide cash management oversight. Prepares monthly cash call, and manage cash flows to assure cash adequacy
- Manages and monitor Petty Cash;
- Manage staff advances assuring that advances are controlled, monitored, liquidated and cleared in a timely manner as per AHF global finance policies and guidelines.
- Assist in the procurement process of supplies and commodities as required by the program, sites/ partners, making sure that process flow follows AHF procurement guidelines and Philippine government procurement law, work closely with the operations team to ensure monthly usage are recorded by cost centers for all inventories, create journal entries, and provide these reports to the accounting firm on a monthly basis.
- Ensure the timely receipt of partner expense report from partner organizations, review these submitted reports incl. backup documentation and compare to approved workplan.
- Assist in communicating with the HR and Global staff on consultancy requirement of the country office, maintain a log of agreements and relevant backup documentation;
- Ensure that all financial and accounting requests and submissions are in compliance with AHF policies and procedures as well as with local accounting and tax regulations;
- Communicate with vendors and partner organizations as required;
- Liaise with Bureau and Headquarter Finance staff and accounting firm related to finance matters
- Timely and concise coordination with Global staff and ancillary services if and when necessary.
- Assists in the preparation of the annual budget development;
- Review monthly general ledger for accuracy;
- Compare actual expenditures with the approved budget lines and explains variances
- Provides support to annual financial audits, contract audits, and any additional audits as necessary.
- Assists AHF in assuring compliance with Philippine laws and regulations. Oversee payroll related matters, file and keeps a contract log; maintain an updated leave worksheet detail per employee, provide leave forms and other payroll relevant documentation to the HR department in LA and bureau, in a timely manner;
- Provide orientation and mentoring to AHF personnel, AHF partners/ sites about AHF policies and Philippine national laws
- Assist and engage in a wide variety of special projects, and data gathering functions as well as prepare reports when necessary.
- Regular and timely liaison and communicate with Finance Corporate Headquarters in Los Angeles, CA (USA) and the Bureau in Cambodia
- Perform other tasks, activities when requested as necessary
Interested candidate are invited to submit a Cover Letter and updated CV to GlobalHR.Asia@aidshealth.org by closing date of 25th June 2019. Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted for interview. Phone call and social media follow up will not be entertained