BBC Media Action
Title: Senior Project Officer
Department: BBC Media Action
Reports To: Project Manager
Duration: August 2020 with possibility of extension
BBC Media Action uses media and communications to help people take control of their lives and make informed decisions. We do this through our focus on health, governance and rights, resilience and humanitarian response, partnering with civil society, local media and governments to produce creative programmes in multi-media formats which inform and engage audiences strengthen the media sector through building professional capacity and infrastructure.
Working to the Project Manager, the Senior Project Officer will work on the day-to-day management of the BBC Media Action Indonesia Sustainable Forest Project, including planning quarterly deliverables, developing and managing workplans.
The role requires high task orientation with strong project management skills preferably with experience of both media and the development sector. In addition, the role requires an organised and structured person, a quick thinker with the ability to multi-task and problem-solve. S/he will need to be a self-starter with the ability to juggle priorities and maintain deadlines. The Senior Project Officer will support in supervision, documentation and implementation of project activities.
The person may also be required, from time to time, to take on such other duties and responsibilities as others in senior positions in the BBC Media Action might request.
The Senior Project Officer will be responsible for:
- Develop and implement project management practices such as quarterly planning, in consultation with the Project Manager and Country Director
- Develop internal and external reports.
- Support the creative team and research team in maintaining their timesheets on this project.
- Co-ordinate with the research team and creative team on the quarterly plans, presentations and documentation.
- Engage with Technical Advisory Group Members and other partners (donors, government and other stakeholders) as and when needed
- Maintain, track and help implement an up to date workplan at all times during the project period
- Maintain the project monitoring dashboard and the knowledge sharing deck.
- Manage and monitor logistics wherever required.
- Schedule meetings and maintain the minutes of all meetings
- Assist in the evaluation of technical and financial proposals of external agencies.
- Coordination with internal teams for effective project management
- Provide inputs and support to the designing phase of the project, reports, and brand development.
- Support organising and managing organisational capacity development plans.
- Update and maintain the Business Development tracker.
Documentation and Knowledge Management
- Develop a strategy on putting together a knowledge management document/archive the work in Indonesia.
- Act as the focal point of contact for all our work on the overall resilience (forest) portfolio.
- Be responsible for the documenting and archiving of all documentation, outputs, research and reports on resilience (forest) projects.
- Help leverage BBC Media Action’s work in Indonesia to make strategic contribution to the NICFI project, as and where required.
- Assist the Project Manager in the preparation of monthly reports
- Support the Project Manager with background research and development of papers and proposal development
- Provide support on documentation and filing
- Preparation of paperwork and presentations, preparing cue cards etc.
- Due diligence for Business Development, if required.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- At least 5 years’ experience in development, social and/or behaviour change communication and media.
- Master’s degree in general management, public policy, environmental sciences and policy, or a related field
- Demonstrated skills in project planning, project work plan development and management
- Demonstrated experience of working with multidisciplinary teams and dynamic environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and Bahasa Indonesia and the ability to negotiate tactfully and effectively
- Ability to demonstrate a high degree of self-motivation, planning and organisation, and task orientation
- Ability to work on own initiative and organising time effectively within a range of often-conflicting deadlines.
- Capacity to juggle competing priorities and a busy programme of work while working to an agreed strategy
- Knowledge of forestry issue in Indonesia and globally is a bonus
The person recruited will be expected to sign the BBC’s Declaration of Personal Interest form and keep it up-to-date. The post will be based in Jakarta and will require travel within the country. The person may also be required, from time-to-time, to take on such other duties and responsibilities as the Project Manager, Country Director and others in senior positions in BBC Media Action might request. Please send your detailed CV and cover letter in English to firstname.lastname@example.org before 26th June 2019.
(A job description is a written statement of the essential characteristics of the job, with its principal accountabilities incorporating a note of the skills, knowledge and experience required for a satisfactory level of performance. This is not intended to be a complete, detailed account of all aspects of the duties involved.)