CARE INTERNATIONAL SECRETARIAT
Position Title: Digital Communications Coordinator (100%)
Location: CI Secretariat Office, Geneva, Switzerland preferred, or London UK
Supervisor: CI Head of Global Communications
Date: June 2019
CARE International is one of the world’s leading humanitarian organisations, fighting poverty and inequality in 90 countries. It’s an exciting time to join CARE. Overall, the Confederation is moving towards a new vision of global influence and impact with a unified approach and interdependent way of working. CARE’s global program strategy drives a significantly step up our ambition to save and protect lives in emergencies and bring lasting change through our programs which focus on smart solutions and empowering women and girls. To resource our bold vision, we need to accelerate and strengthen external communications plans, and this role is key to this growth.
The purpose of this role is to manage and develop the CARE International Secretariat’s digital channels, including the corporate website and social media accounts, and plan, create and curate high-quality/high-impact content across these channels. This role will play a key part in developing a digital content strategy for the organisation and delivering major projects, including the planned redevelopment of the corporate website.
The ideal candidate is a tech savvy storyteller, on the front foot of new and emerging digital technologies and approaches. At ease online, they will deploy their knowledge and creativity to promote conversations and engagement with online audiences who are key to CARE’s mission while constantly analysing metrics and adjusting approaches as needed. The role requires a combination of strategic thinking with hands-on implementation in fast-moving contexts, all while working collaboratively with a variety of departments and global teams.
Key areas of responsibility:
- Manage all CARE International Secretariat’s digital platforms including website, and social media
- Use the latest cutting-edge tools and technologies to drive more innovative approaches to CARE’s digital platforms, with a specific focus on increasing engagement, transparency and conversations with online audiences and CARE supporters
- Develop and produce high quality multimedia products for strategic online use; these include short videos, infographics, and imagery (for both internal and external communications)
- Prepare social media outputs, maintaining relevant dashboards and conducting performance analysis with a view to improving outreach and optimising content
- Support development and implementation of influencer digital engagement strategy aligned with CARE International Secretariat’s global thought leadership platform
- Maintain and refresh web content, providing ideas for continual improvement (redevelopment of site planned for early 2019)
- Ensure that content themes, messaging and calls to action support the delivery of overall department strategy
- Support the Head of Communications on the development of digital strategies and planning
- Contribute to guidelines/training on digital/social media best practice for wider use by the CARE Confederation.
- Manage global media monitoring platform, and deliver regular impact analysis reports across the confederation, as aligned with CARE’s Global Communications Strategy
CI Secretariat staff, CARE International communications staff, Secretary General, Global Director Fundraising and Public Engagement, and communications colleagues in the wider CARE network
Work with suppliers and consultants
The Communications Coordinator reports to the CI Head of Global Communications and works closely with the Senior Humanitarian Communications Coordinator.
Qualifications & experience:
- Academic degree or relevant diploma in digital communications, multimedia tools and techniques desired
- 3-5 years of experience in delivering digital communications including producing written and visual multimedia products and stories
- Solid understanding of communications principles and approaches and excellent communication skills
- Previous experience of building digital influencer engagement strategies on social media
- Knowledge of HTML, and implementation of SEO and SEM principles
- Competent in the use of Adobe Creative Suite, video-editing software, digital content management systems and graphic design skills for social media, and background as an ‘early adopter’ of new and emerging cutting-edge technologies and approaches
- Proven experience of monitoring content performance using analytics tools for press, social media and web and in ways that have improved performance and audience engagement
- Experience in newsletter production including design, formatting, and distribution mechanisms
- Experience with tools and platforms for internal communications products and outreach, for example Webex, Skype, intranet systems such as Sharepoint, PowerPoint, Publisher
- Experience in digital communications and content production for an international relief or aid organization
- Strong knowledge of CARE’s work or work of peer organization
- Proactive approach to work planning and prioritisation
- Ability to work under pressure and deliver to deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good communication and team-working skills
- Experience of successfully influencing staff at all levels within an organisation
- Demonstrable interest in, and knowledge of, CARE’s work, international development and humanitarian relief.
CARE offers the chance to work with a great team and make a difference to the world. In addition to a competitive salary, we offer generous holiday benefits and substantial pension contributions to the successful candidate.
CARE International has a zero-tolerance approach to any harm to, or exploitation of, a vulnerable adult or child by any of our staff, representatives or partners. CARE International reserves the right to seek information from job applicants’ previous employers about incidents of sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and/or sexual harassment the applicant may have been found guilty to have committed or about which an investigation was in the process of being carried out at the time of the termination of the applicant’s employment with that employer.
By submitting the application, the job applicant confirms that s/he has no objection to CARE International requesting the information specified above.
How to Apply:
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their CVs and a covering letter in English to email@example.com by July 5th, 2019. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please confirm that you have the right to live and work in the European Union & Switzerland.