We are looking for a Regional Director to lead our dedicated team in Jerusalem. Starting 1st of August 2019.
Who we are
forumZFD supports people involved in violent conflicts on the path to peace and strives to help overcome war and violence. forumZFD is currently working with peace consultants in Germany as well as ten other countries in Europe, the Middle East and South East Asia. Its Academy for Conflict Transformation offers a learning space for professional, international peace work. Through dialogue events, educational work and campaigns, forumZFD actively advocates civil peace policy. forumZFD is recognised by the German federal government as a member of the Civil Peace Service (CPS) consortium. It finances its work through public and private grants, donations and membership fees.
We offer an attractive position with responsibilities for a minimum of two to three years (with the option of extension) in a growing organization. We also offer participation in qualification and professional development courses (among others, at forumZFD’s Academy for Conflict Transformation), a project-based preparation, regular coaching and, where appropriate, participation in a language course. As the position is based on the German Development Aid Workers Act (EhfG), it is restricted to citizens of the EU and Switzerland. The position is remunerated according to the provisions of this law, including comprehensive social security benefits and financial reintegration assistance upon return.
Working for forumZFD, you will be engaged within the innovative field of conflict transformation and peace building through contributing your ideas and skills.
Your tasks and responsibilities
As Regional Director you are responsible for managing our programme and representing forumZFD in Israel/ Palestine. This includes overseeing the programme planning and implementation on the basis of the strategy and funding applications. You will be managing a multi-cultural team and administrating programme structures. As a non-partisan specialist, you will use your management expertise to guide the team in supporting local partner organisations and communities in their efforts to overcome social, ethnic or religious cleavages and to build or support inclusive platforms and movements within their societies. You will be managing a dynamic team that is operating within a matrix structure. This set-up is allowing the staff to implement activities self-responsibly but collaboratively on the basis of participatory decision making.
Based in Jerusalem, you will report to the Department Projects and Programmes and the respective Desk Officer at the Head Office in Cologne. You will be responsible for the people management, financial management, security systems and project-related public relations activities and other duties to be carried out in close cooperation with the operational departments of the forumZFD.
- Several years’ experience in development cooperation and/or in conflict management in crisis regions; desirable is a profound knowledge of and awareness for the current sensitive political situation in Israel/Palestine;
- Experience in staff and team management; Strong social and communication competences, leadership capacities; facilitating participatory decision-making processes
- Experience in programme planning, administration and financial controlling; strong ability to think strategically and conceptually;
- Knowledge of working with methods of non-violent conflict transformation;
- Practical experience in working with NGOs, communities and grassroots organisations;
- Physical and psychological stability and intercultural sensitivity to work and live in a complex society;
- Fluent English (project language) spoken and written is expected, Arabic and/or Hebrew are an asset;
- Driving license and experience;
- EU or Swiss citizenship is required for this position.
HOW TO APPLY:
Start of assignment
Ideally, you are available to start working on 1st of August 2019 (preparation courses, followed by at least two to three years’ work within the project with the option of extension).
Please apply online at HERE (letter of motivation and CV) latest by 16th of June 2019.
An assessment centre as part of the selection process is planned to be scheduled on July 07th-09th. In case of any questions, please feel free to contact Mr Christian Gülisch at guelisch@forumZFD.de.