Gear Inc. is an American owned and operated Game Studio located in Hanoi, at the crossroads of Southeast Asia. A booming hub for innovation and a thrilling place to live and work!
We have an experienced, international team of developers working on top grossing titles played by millions of casual and core gamers. We are growing our in-house projects and also collaborate with world class partners like Scopely (WWE, Looney Toons, Star Trek..) on some exciting titles.
We hire exceptionally creative and talented people from all over the globe that bring experience and international standards to the table, but that’s just the start!
Commitment to our people is our real strength and the key to our success.
Company size: +500 employees
Job Title: [Vietnam] Game Server Engineer
Salary Range: $700 – $1500 Net
We are working on iOS/Android games that have very high concurrent users and high network traffic in foreign markets (US/Europe/Arab). In order to scale up our business, we are looking for an experienced server engineer whose main responsibilities are:
- Implement new game functions on the server side.
- Debug and fix existing issues.
- Any other duties as assigned by management.
- Chance to work on big game development projects.
- Chance to work closely with both experienced Vietnamese and foreign experts.
- Attractive salary and benefits, international, fun and professional working environment.
- Open and honest culture where people are valued, treated fairly and trusted and empowered.
- Training and career development opportunities
- Flexible working hours, we work 40 hours per week (Monday-Friday)
- 13th salary and additional bonus every year
- Lunch offered and free drinks (coffee, tea, etc)
- Government social, medical and unemployment insurance for Vietnamese staff
- Annual health check, annual flu vaccination.
- Health Insurance package
- Paid leave (12 days/year).
- Gym and Game room for everyone: We love board games, video games, VR, PS4, ping pong, football tables, and many more!
- Free English/ Vietnamese classes with native teacher
- Standing desks if you like it, Modern hardware, No dress code, Company trip, Annual Family Day.
- We support relocation, work permit and resident card for foreign staff members
Gym and in-house classes: Kickboxing, Yoga, Zumba, BJJ
- Strong programming skills in any programming languages like C# or Java, Angular.js, etc…
- Experience with SQL relational databases development: tables design, query optimization and procedure creation.
- Experience with AWS, AWS Dynamodb.
- Perform various software development tasks to build and maintain the backend server infrastructure that powers massive scale mobile games.
- Development experience in mobile games is an advantage.
- Good command of English language is an advantage.
- Ability to work under pressure, independently and within a team.
- Great attitude and work ethic.
Working Location: 125D Minh Khai, Hai Ba Trung District, Hanoi
Your resume and Portfolio should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org