TERMS OF REFERENCE
Position : Logistics and Administration Officer (consultancy, 100%)
Duty station/Country : Palu, Sulawesi
Reporting line : Finance & Admin Expert
Starting date and duration : as soon as possible till end of June 2020
The two Swiss NGOs HEKS and Solidar Suisse have formed a consortium and partnered up with the Indonesian Organization Muhammadiyah Disaster Management Centre (MDMC) to respond to the devastating earthquake and tsunami in Sulawesi, Indonesia.
For the recovery phase, a comprehensive humanitarian project in the sectors livelihoods, shelter and WASH will be implemented to support affected people mainly in rural areas in Central Sulawesi.
To monitor and guide the implementation, a highly qualified team is being established. For this purpose, we are seeking a motivated, skilled and experienced person for the position of Logistic & Administration Officer.
PURPOSE OF MISSION
Under the direct supervision of the Finance & Administration Expert, the Administration and Logistics Officer is entrusted to support the consortium and the local partner and to ensure compliance with the consortium Administrative and Finance rules and regulations. He/she supports the Finance & Administration Expert in all organizational, administrative, financial and logistic matters of the office management. He/She will also provide technical support and capacity building to the logistics, finance and administration staff of the partner organization.
MAIN TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Administration and Logistics Officer is entrusted with the following tasks:
- Administration & Human Resources
- Support the Finance & Administration Expert:
- Resolving questions related to local labor law;
- Managing and follow-up all contractual office issues and ensure timely payment of all office related bills and fees;
- Managing leaves schedules of all consultants;
- Supporting the Administration and Finance Expert to ensure financial, HR and administrative records and filing are comprehensive, accurate, secure and up to date. This includes, but is not limited to all contracts, agreements and key correspondence;
- Preparing minutes of meeting;
- Prepare and maintain a contact list of relevant stakeholders;
- Providing administrative support to the mission team, including organizing travel arrangements, meetings and other events;
Logistics & supply chain
Support the Finance & Administration Expert and the partner in:
- Preparing contracts engaged by the consortium with third parties;
- Ensuring all necessary documentation for procurements are complete, in line with HEKS/Solidar & donor’s procurement guidelines and filed;
- Ensuring all items are procured in a timely, efficient and accountable manner, and secure best value and service benefit deals for the project;
- Participating in procurement processes carried out by the partner organization and ensure the compliance of the supplier/service provider selection & related documentation as per HEKS/Solidar & donor’s procurement guidelines;
- Maintaining a supplier database;
- Ensuring the partner manage traceability & reconciliation between orders, contracts & deliveries, and liaise with finance for problem solving;
- Contributing to logistics and project staff capacity building of the partner
Stocks & deliveries:
- Assist the partner to ensure appropriate storage network & stock management on the project location
- Assist the partner to settle warehouses/storage space based on needs.
- Assist the partner to ensure goods transportation means are secured as per needs.
- Assist the partner to coordinate & follow-up deliveries & liaise efficiently with suppliers for problem solving.
- Assist the partner to manage periodic inventories, stock clearance and investigations over discrepancies.
Transversal Logistical management:
- Ensuring all assets are labeled and managed according to all relevant donor rules and regulations;
- Monitoring and calculating fuel consumption of office cars;
- Overseeing and facilitating the maintenance and repair of consortium’s office equipment;
- Purchase all office supplies and stationeries;
- Any other task assigned by the Finance & Administration Expert.
Required profile and experience
- BA or Master in Logistics or in accounting, business, finance (preferable in logistics) or relevant working experience of at least 3 years.
- Demonstrated experience working in administrative, HR and/or logistics, supply chain and logistical matters; with international agencies is mandatory,
- Good knowledge in technical area (carpentry, masonry, electricity, etc.) is an advantage;
- Work experience in an emergency context is an advantage;
- Excellent computer skills; especially in Excel
- Fluent in English (written, spoken and reading);
- Strong attitude to take initiative, work autonomously and achieve results effectively;
- Able to work flexible, cope with stress and respect deadlines.
Duration and starting date
We look for a candidate who can start as soon as possible, with contract duration till end of June 2020.
Consultant’s Monthly Fee
The consultant monthly fee shall consider the following information:
- HEKS/Solidar will cover the cost for Air Fares to/from Palu (beginning and end of contract) and transportation during working days
- All Expenses such as accommodation, insurances, personal transport and taxes shall be included in the consultant’s monthly fee.
- Working time: 40 hours per week, from 8 am to 5 pm with 1h of lunch break.
- Insurance, Taxes: The consultant is responsible for taxes and any social insurance contributions. The Contractor shall maintain liability insurance at its sole expense covering the performance of the Services by the Contractor.
If you are interested in this assignment and meet the requirements, please send your application including detailed CV, copy of certifications and diplomas, your earliest availability and your monthly consultancy fee offer and contact details of 3 referees by e-mail with Subject “Log-Admin – Sulawesi” to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org latest by Sunday 15 June 2019. Due to the urgency, the position will be filled on a rolling basis.
Candidates who do not submit the monthly consultancy fee and the earliest availability will be disqualified.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.