The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) is the world’s largest humanitarian network, reaching 150 million people each year through its 190-member National Societies. The Organization acts before, during and after disasters, crises and health emergences to meet the needs and improve the lives of vulnerable people.
Our work is guided by seven fundamental principles (humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity and universality), policies and by Strategy 2020, which voices our collective vision and determination to move forward in tackling the major challenges that confront humanity in the present decade.
In 2012 the Indonesian National Disaster Management Agency BNPB recommended that a national cluster system be established with relevant line Ministries coordinating the sectors that fell under their mandate. Under this system the coordination of many of the usual activities of the global shelter cluster now fall under the auspices of the National Cluster for Displacement and Protection (PP Cluster), as coordinated by the Ministry of Social Affairs (MOSA). At the request of MOSA and as part of IFRCs global commitment to ensuring coordination of shelter in natural disasters. Since 2012 IFRC has worked closely with MOSA supporting the establishment of and co-leading, the National Shelter Sub-cluster, within the Cluster PP.
On July 29th and August 5th 2018 two earthquakes and further aftershocks in the following weeks, caused major damage and destruction on the island of Lombok part of West Nusa Tenggara (NTB) province.
While Indonesian authorities were handling the response to this major disaster in NTB, a major earthquake of 7.4 magnitude rocked Central Sulawesi – on Friday 28 September 2018. This earhtquake also generated a tsunami whose waves lashed coastal areas of Donggala and Palu. It also caused liquefaction and subsequent mud flows and landslides devastating houses and rendering large sites uninhabitable making shelter one of the major sectors of response.
In response to the severity of the Sulteng disaster the Government of Indonesia has welcomed international assistance in a number of specific key areas, most notably shelter, where needs are considerable. The GoI has also been clear that any assistance provided should be through local partners coordinated under the national coordination mechanisms. This aligns with the call for and commitment by IFRC and others towards localization after the 2017 World Humanitarian Summit.
MoSA is the lead Ministry of the National Displacement and Protection cluster under which shelter is a sub-Cluster.
IFRC is the lead agency for the Global Shelter Cluster and in is extending support to the Ministry of Social Affairs (MoSA) for the coordination of shelter responses in Sulawesi Tenggara (Sulteng) and West Nusa Tenggara (NTB) provinces, setting up coordination teams for both NTB and Sulteng provinces as well as supporting on national level in Jakarta.
The Senior Finance and Administration Officer, under overall supervision of the Finance Coordinator, is responsible for overall delivery of financial and administrative support to the shelter Clusters activities in Sulteng and NTB earthquake. S/he will ensure proper use of Federation resources according to established procedures. S/he will also support the work of the Shelter Cluster in Sulteng , NTB and Jakarta with regard to administration and HR to ensure the response operate effectively and efficiently.
- Track and record expenditures according IFRC procedures and regularly submit to the IFRC finance/program team for timely financial reporting.
- Validate financial documents (Payment request, Requisition, and Travel Request, etc) by ensuring correct procedures have been followed.
- Ensure all contracts are validated from Financial point of view before getting signed. This is in accordance with the latest Federation procedure on Contracts and Agreements.
- Performing timely monthly closing review and checks
- Ensure Federation Internal Control Systems are in place and complied with.
- Regularly visit the field office in Palu and Lombok to ensure Federation’s system and procedures are followed and properly implemented.
- Look for any irregularities that may lead to potential loss to Federation’s asset.
- Regularly report to Shelter Cluster Coordinator on status of budget and expenditures and alert to any potential weakness in the implementation of activity/procedure that may lead to potential loss to Federation if proper action is not taken.
- To accurately record all transactions on daily basis.
- Ensure finance stamp in all related documents and all transactions are booked properly into CODA daily.
- Ensure that all validated document transfer to system on daily basis
- Validate working advance report and ensure fund is used as per authorized purpose and proper procedure have been followed
- Provide and follow up monthly reconciliation for personnel working advance.
- Ensure the dissemination of IFRC’s Fraud and Corruption Prevention and Control Policy to PMI & IFRC staff/ suppliers/service providers that engage with IFRC.
- Support the team with any required administrative work. This may involve travel arrangements, hotel booking, translation, etc. for the project team and visitors.
- On demand support Shelter Cluster meetings in Jakarta, by taking minutes and or providing translations
- Provide logistics and admin support as needed for trainings and workshops
- Effectively manage the administration of the Shelter Cluster work in Palu and Lombok remotely from Jakarta with travels to Palu and Lombok as needed to assure appropriate implementation of the administration procedures.
- Identify needed equipment needed by the team and for smooth functioning of office procure goods and services for administration/country office following the Federation procurement policies and procedures and ensuring documentation complies with full audit trail standards
- Maintain registers of the assets and property of all the IFRC Shelter Cluster offices.
- Assist to find a suitable accommodation, arranging housing equipment, maintaining inventory and leasing in Palu and Lombok as required.
- Act as focal point to organise office archiving requirements
- Precheck on due diligence to all supplier, and register the supplier to Jakarta
- Validate and reconcile invoices with GRN and Purchase Orders and submit request for payment to finance
- Support set up and maintain contact lists for Shelter Clusters
- Provide basic translation services (Bahasa – English) as per need.
- Anticipate needs, and be proactive in setting up and developing adequate mechanism and procedures, and identifying new systems and ways to improve the overall effectiveness and ensure the smooth functioning of the administration.
HR and other Related Tasks
- Maintain list of all staff contracts of the team and alert Coordinator of ending contracts and assist with procedure for contract extensions where required.
- Support with other HR related tasks as required
- To be able to do ad hoc jobs as per need Any other administrative and support tasks as may be assigned by Coordinator
- Professional /academic qualification in finance, accounting and administration services (min. graduation degree in commerce)
- Minimum 5 Years work experience in a finance or accounting and administrative roles
- Experience of working with Federation accounting and administrative systems
- Experience in Administration and organisational support
- Experience of local commercial & contractual systems (preferred)
- Experience of project cycle using participatory methodologies (preferred)
- Experience in writing narrative and financial reports (preferred)
- Experience in HR and contract management (preferred)
- Advanced skills in computers (Windows, spreadsheets, word processing and accounting packages)
- Experience of and ability to use manual accounting systems
- Good spoken and written English
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit your application letter addressing the above qualifications and experience with your curriculum vitae to: Indonesia.HRD@ifrc.org
Please indicate on the subject heading: Senior Finance and Administration Officer