The Water and Sanitation engineer will be based in Palu work with the Disaster Response Palu team. S/he to ensure quality construction for WASH structure to build by communities affected by the earthquake. The engineer will work closely with Community Empowerment Officers and Assistants to oversee the temporary latrine construction process by the communities, to conduct quality control and advice on the proper maintenance of the WASH structure (including its treatment once the structure is no longer needed) and to advice on the appropriate design that meets health standards while still culturally acceptable and appropriate following the WASH structure end lifecycle.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Civil Engineering or related field;
- Minimum 5 years experience working in WASH program and overseeing WASH construction (include temporary latrine and water point);
- Willingness to work in remote rural settings in Palu Island;
- Two years experience working in Microsoft Office applications and AutoCad is required
- Candidate must be willing to travel regularly and works on weekends or evening as necessary (considering the urgency and the nature of working with communities);
- Good writen and spoken in english is a plus.
This position will be hired as temporary staff for 4 months.
Please send your CV together with form on this LINK with position applied on the email subject to email@example.com
Vacancy will be closed 10 June 2019 and only short listed candidates will be contacted for interview. We look forward to hearing from those who are interested in taking this opportunity to grow and develop with us.