Position : Training Coordinator (Consultancy 100%)
Duty station/Country : Palu, Sulawesi
Reporting line : Livelihoods Project Manager
Solidar Suisse is a Swiss NGO established in 1936 (then called Swiss Labor Assistance). Today, the organization is active in development cooperation and humanitarian aid in 16 countries worldwide, fighting for global fairness. In Indonesia, Solidar Suisse became active following the devastating earthquake and tsunami in Sulawesi and immediately started to collaborate with partner organizations to provide humanitarian assistance. For the recovery phase, Solidar Suisse formed a consortium with the Swiss NGO HEKS to jointly implement a comprehensive emergency project with the local partner organization MDMC in the sectors livelihood, shelter and WASH to support affected people mainly in rural areas in Central Sulawesi. To implement these initiatives, a highly qualified team is being established. For this purpose, we are seeking a motivated, skilled and experienced Training Coordinator to coordinate and manage the training component of the livelihoods project of this program.
PURPOSE OF POSITION
The Training Coordinator will coordinate and manage the training activities in the selected villages. Under direct supervision of the Livelihoods Project Manager, s/he will facilitate the training of trainers for the community facilitators, beneficiaries and coordinate other relevant activities for micro-entrepreneurs to recover their livelihoods following the devastated earthquake and tsunami in Central Sulawesi. S/he will establish and maintain positive, collaborative and productive relationships with project staff, implementing partner, beneficiaries and relevant stakeholders. S/he will also collaborate with the Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) Expert to ensure the implementation of the MEAL framework.
MAIN TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Training Coordinator is entrusted with the following tasks:
- Coordinate and facilitate project kick-off meetings in the selected villages
- Coordinate and facilitate the process of beneficiary selection
- Develop and/or adapt the training curriculum, training materials and handbook
- Coordinate the training schedules for the target villages
- Develop and produce training curriculum, training material and IEC material
- Lead training activities and when relevant facilitate training of the community facilitators and the beneficiaries
- Ensure quality control and management of training activities
- Facilitate data collection for Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) framework for information to be used for planning, learning and reporting purposes
- Liaise and coordinate with the implementing partner to ensure effective delivery of training activities
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Livelihoods Project Manager
REQUIRED PROFILE AND EXPERIENCE
The training coordinator has the following profile and experience:
- University degree or relevant working experience of at least 7 years
- At least 5 years of training facilitation, coordination and partner collaboration experience, preferable some experiences in post disasters contexts
- Understanding of and experience with community facilitation and participatory training techniques
- Passion for working with micro-entrepreneurs and good understanding of the situation of survivors following the devastated earthquake and tsunami in Central Sulawesi
- Experience in developing and adaptation of training curriculum, materials and IEC
- Ability to collaborate with partners and colleagues and establish a constructive working atmosphere
- Excellent skills in activity planning and coordination
- Proven ability to develop, coordinate and monitor work plans and training plans
- Strong interpersonal, time management and communication skills
- Strong verbal and written English skills would be preferred
- Ability to work under pressure and willingness to work flexible hours
DURATION AND STARTING DATE
We look for a candidate who is able to start on 1 July 2019, with contract duration of 12 months.
If you are interested in this assignment and meet the requirements, please send your application
including detailed CV, and contact details of 3 referees by e-mail with Subject “Training Coordinator” to email@example.com latest by Friday, 14 June 2019.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.