About our organization
The World Agroforestry (also known as ICRAF) in Southeast Asia is the region’s leading agroforestry research-in-development organization which generates science-based knowledge about the complex role trees play in agricultural landscapes and rural livelihoods. As part of the Centre’s work to bring tree-based solutions to bear on poverty and environmental problems, researchers – working in close collaboration with partners – are developing new technologies, tools and policy recommendations for increased food security and ecosystem health.
The Centre’s headquarters are located in Nairobi, Kenya, and research is conducted in 34 countries in Africa, Asia and Latin America.. We are supported by the Consultative Group on International Agricultural Research (CGIAR) and receive funding from over 50 different donors.
About the position
The Natural Resource Management (NRM) Tool Programmer Assistant willwork with a team of multidisciplinary researcher under the SustainableLandscape Research Theme of ICRAF Indonesia office. He/she will assist thedevelopment of computer-based tools for sustainable development planning inIndonesia. In order to develop the tool, the NRM Tool Programmer Assistant willbe required to work in a team consist of spatial analyst, economist, ecologistand statistician.
For a detailed Job Description please visit HERE
- Minimum education Bachelor degree (S-1) in Computer or Informatics
- Basic knowledge in R and Python.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and conceptual skills.
- Strong knowledge of algorithms and good programming practices.
- Experiences in developing graphical user interface using various of web technologies.
- Basic knowledge on open source software.
- Basic understanding and skills of GIS and spatial analysis.
- Familiarity with ecological modeling is an advantage.
- Basic administrative and documentation skills.
- Strong character, multitasking person who is able to work under pressure.
- Well organized; able to meet deadlines, good understanding of time management.
- Proactive and self-motivated, able to work independently as well as in a team.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work well in multi-cultural teams.
- Good knowledge of communication (Indonesian and English).
Terms of offer
The World Agroforestry is an equal opportunity employer and offers a collegial and gender-sensitive working environment. We believe that staff diversity promote sexcellence and strongly encourage applications from qualified women.
This is a temporary position and will initially be for a period of 6 months, renewable subject to assessment of performance, continued relevance of the position and availability of resources.
How to apply
Applications for the position must include:
- A cover letter illustrating your suitability for the position against the listed requirements and salary expectations.
- Detail curriculum vitae, including names and addresses of three referees, including telephone, fax numbers and email addresses.
All correspondence should be addressed to the Human Resources Unit,World Agroforestry (ICRAF) Southeast Asia Regional Office via email: email@example.com and should indicate “Application for NRM Tool Programmer Assistant” on their application letters and email submissions.
Applications will be considered until 10 June 2019or until a suitable candidate is identified and selected. Please note that only short-listed applicants meeting the above requirements will be contacted.