- Develop and implement a program support strategy for World Renew’s overseas offices and local partners in the appropriate use of gender analysis, mainstreaming, and development of appropriate logic models with focused results and indicators to guide programs for gender equality/empowerment and equity.
- Provide direct technical coaching and support to overseas staff and partners on the development of effective strategies for communicating the Biblical basis for the importance of gender justice in a way that builds local / community support for programs that promote the empowerment of women and girls, engage men and boys, prevent genderbased violence, and promote the full realization of adolescent health rights.
- Chair World Renew’s Gender Working Group, including facilitate monthly meetings and setting the agenda.
- Promote field adoption of robust Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) practices that will enhance organizational learning related to issues of gender transformation by working with the M&E Technical Advisor, Evaluation Program Manager, overseas staff and partners.
- Visit overseas offices and program locations for gender capacity building, and/or competency development in grant management.
- Stay uptodate on trends and best practices in the field of gender transformation and share best practices throughout World Renew.
- Support World Renew’s gender justice and health coordinators in East Africa and Southern Africa, as necessary.
- Coach World Renew staff and partner staff on best practices for gender lensfocused project management and program design.
- Review new grant funding opportunities and provide input on past performance to produce new funding proposals, with a focus on gender.
- Travel of approximately 25% of working hours, within Canada and US, including meetings during nonbusiness hours and occasional overnight stays is expected. Minimum of two international trips per year to World Renew international programs for gender capacity building, and/or competency development in grant management
- Strengthen World Renew’s profile and representation with relevant audiences, including North American constituents (e.g. churches, private donors) and institutional donors (e.g. Global Affairs Canada, the United Nations, the U.S. government, and private foundations
- Represent World Renew at relevant international conferences, symposia, and other genderfocused forums.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Membership in a Christian church and agreement with the doctrine of the CRC signified by signing a covenant statement.
- Committed to working towards gender equality, equity, and justice in all aspects of World Renew’s programming, plans, policies, and organizational structure.
- Demonstrated commitment to promoting a work environment that values diversity and equality, and respectful relationships with others.
- Ability to articulate the importance of gender equality from a Biblical perspective.
- Successful track record in program design and proposal development with a strong gender lens in a variety of geographic locations, including experience in design, M&E of genderspecific projects/gender mainstreaming in projects.
- Demonstrated experience providing support to field teams on gender integration.
- Proven ability to coach, train and provide program support (e.g. job aides, curated resources, etc) to staff and local partners on gender analysis and program designs.
- Proven communication and interpersonal skills in a multicultural work environment.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities and meet deadlines.
- Flexible, adaptable, detailoriented, team player.
- Demonstrated computer literacy and experience using Google Apps, including Mail, Calendar, Docs, Drives, and Sites, as well as, select Microsoft Suite of Applications, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Familiarity working with bilateral donors preferred, especially Global Affairs Canada and the Government of Canada’s Feminist International Assistance Policy.
- Ability to travel internationally.
Please note, we do not sponsor employment in Canada, so you must have the indefinite work authorization in Canada without sponsorship to be considered.
More information about this opportunity can be found on our website, as well as the link to apply: ONLINE CLICK HERE
Interested candidates should apply online, on or before June 4, 2019.