Regional Leader – Middle East and Eastern Europe
World Vision International
World Vision is a Christian humanitarian, development and advocacy organisation devoted to improving the lives of children, families and their communities around the world. Our over 37,000 staff members working in nearly 100 countries are united through our ethos, mission and shared desire for all individuals, especially children, to overcome poverty, inequality and injustice.
World Vision’s work in the Middle East and Eastern Europe:
The Middle East and Eastern Europe Region of World Vision International spans thirteen countries; Bosnia Herzegovina, Albania, Kosovo, Romania, Armenia, Georgia, Abkhazia, Afghanistan, Iraq, Jordan, Syria, Lebanon, Jerusalem West Bank and Gaza, where our focus in predominantly programme implementation.
The Middle East and Eastern Europe region has two geographic clusters: Bosnia and Herzegovina, Albania and Kosovo led by World Vision’s National Director of the Western Balkans; and Syria, Turkey and Jordan led by World Vision’s Syria Response Director.
In the Middle East and Eastern Europe our regional budget is approximately $200 million per year with more than 1,738 employees across the region helping children experience life in its fullest. VisionFund International, the microfinance subsidiary of World Vision, has four microfinance institutions across Eastern Europe in Armenia, Serbia, Montenegro and Kosovo. World Vision’s microfinance work through VisionFund helps empower families to create incomes and jobs, unlocking economic potential for communities to thrive.
Here’s where you come in:
As Regional Leader – Middle East and Eastern Europe, based in Nicosia, Cyprus, your responsibilities will comprise of oversight to the National Offices, National Directors and Response Directors covering up to thirteen counties in the Middle East and Eastern Europe (Bosnia Herzegovina, Albania, Kosovo, Romania, Armenia, Georgia, Abkhazia, Afghanistan, Iraq, Jordan, Syria, Lebanon, Jerusalem West Bank and Gaza) where World Vision’s focus is predominantly programme implementation
- 25% Leadership Development
- 25% Strategic Leadership
- 20% Board Engagement
- 15% Accountability and Stewardship
- 10% Organizational Culture
- 5% Other Global Field Operations
World Vision is looking for a devout Christian and visionary humanitarian leader with a strong cultural understanding and passion for the Middle East and Eastern Europe region and its vulnerable peoples. The ideal candidate will bring extensive board and advisory experience, have an inspiring track record of external donor agency and NGO collaboration, and a strength for mentoring and coaching teams in the midst of high-pressure and conflict contexts. We pray for a servant leader with a deep spiritual maturity and personal commitment to World Vision’s mission, vision and core values.
- A minimum of ten (10) years’ experience providing strategic leadership as a senior organisational leader, preferably within the humanitarian industry
- Five (5) years’ or more experience working with an Advisory Council or Board, either as a member, reporting to one or developing and advising an Advisory Council or Board
- Three (3) years’ senior leadership experience in Middle East or Eastern Europe highly preferred with a demonstrated ability to work successfully with post-communist, Islamic, conflict and post-conflict contexts
- Over three (3) years’ experience managing and mentoring a multi-cultural leadership team
- Minimum educational qualification of a Master’s degree in a relevant field
- Fluency in English (verbal and written) is required
- Ability to travel frequently both regionally and internationally (up to 40%)
Is this the job for you?
World Vision is dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
Find the full responsibilities and requirements for this position online and apply by the closing date 15 July 2019.