Communication Specialist – Content and Public Relations, Indonesia, Philippines & Sri Lanka
Tracking Code: 303032-818
Title: Communication Specialist – Content and Public Relations
Div/Dept: Global Operations
Location: Indonesia, Sri Lanka or Philippines
Reporting Relationship: Country Director’s
The Communication Specialist – Content and Public Relations (PR) is responsible for producing content to support the communication strategy and displays a coherent message on the organization’s core intent, the countries’ programs and advocacy initiatives, and enhances visibility and brand recognition towards internal and external audiences.
S/he will be responsible to write, collate and produce high quality and engaging content for external and internal audience across three countries (Sri Lanka, Indonesia and Philippines). S/he act as a lead liaison point for communication and works collaboratively with Program and Fundraising team, sharing key information about the work they are doing and developing a working understanding of the Context the organization is operating.
S/he will be ChildFund’s brand ambassador and supports high-level events and activities to influence at strategic networks and coalitions, making visible ChildFund programmatic interventions and advocacy issues. Networking and coalition building would be a required precondition for policy reform.
- Contributes to the development and implementation of a communications strategy for each Country Office working along with Digital Communication Specialist to build visibility, including managing a network of effective media relations, projecting a unified image that establishes ChildFund as a leading child-focused international development organization.
- Build and manage a network of effective media relations and coordinate activities across ChildFund’s offices in the three countries.
Content Creation and Management
- Create and deliver content – stories, photos, video, quotes, and other information – that help the organization build and nurture relationships with donors and the public, nationally and regionally.
Proactively share stories and visual assets with the International Office and Alliance partners. Provide high-quality English translations of all story material.
- Storyteller – visual and written. In accordance with the global content calendar, responsible for the collection of stories, photos and video about children and their experiences of the sponsorship relationship and ChildFund’s programs, to show impact and build donor trust as well as engagement.
- Write, edit, and oversee the production of publications such as newsletters, annual report, brochures, policy planning reports, etc.
- Provide oversight and support to country offices regarding coaching local partner staff on capturing and sharing stories, photos and videos about children and their experiences of the sponsorship relationship and ChildFund’s programs.
- Ensure that all content deliverables comply with branding guidelines, child-safeguarding standards and other controls of the organization.
- Support Program, Business Development and Advocacy initiatives in creation of collaterals and other published material.
- Keep the International Office content contact apprised of initiatives, successes, events, holidays and other items of potential relevance to global communications, both internal and external.
- Manage rapid collection of child-focused quotes, stories, photo and video in the immediate aftermath of emergencies in specific program countries.
- Proactively creates, identifies and organizes engagements for senior ChildFund leaders CDs and RD to profile issues with relevant networks and policy and advocacy stakeholders to share ChildFund perspectives and increase organizational influence and profile.
- In collaboration with organization partners, serve as liaison between the organization and the media (press, radio and TV) and in security and crisis situations proactively prepare press statements and ensure appropriate placement.
- Raise awareness through media of the value and impact of major ChildFund projects in the countries of the region.
- Remain alert to potential reputation risks in the region’s program countries.
- Manage activities, communications, special events, workshops, meetings and conferences.
Detail Information & Apply Online CLICK HERE