Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a German implementing organisation which provides services worldwide in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development.
With a share of up to 13% of global greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions, Indonesia is an important factor within international efforts to reduce greenhouse gas emissions. As early as 2009, then the former Indonesian president gave the target of a reduction of the GHG by 26%, respectively by 41% with international assistance, against the business-as-usual (BAU) scenario by 2020. In 2011 a national action plan (RAN-GRK) was adopted to implement these objectives. The GHG reduction targets are included in the medium-term development plan (RPJMN) 2015-2019. Various methodological frameworks, e.g. monitoring, reporting and verifying of mitigation measures (MRV) are under development. Regional action plans (RAD-GRKs) for 33 respectively 34 provinces were developed. In September 2015, Indonesia submitted the “INDC” document to the UNFCCC Secretariat with mitigation targets of 29% and 41% with international support by 2030. In October 2016, the Indonesian Parliament decided to ratify the Paris Agreement. The Indonesian “National Determined Contributions” (NDC) were submitted by KLHK to UNFCCC in November 2016.
The aim of PAKLIM III is: Climate relevant Ministries of the Indonesian Government and authorities of the sub-national level have coordinated central policy instruments for the implementation of the Indonesian climate policy. The further development of a coherent climate policy of Indonesia is supported, as well as the integration of the NDC implementation into planning and decision-making processes and into already existing action plans.
The project works in three areas: (1) Strengthening the implementation of the National Action Plan and the sub-national action plans on the reduction of GHG (RAN / RAD-GRK); (2) More ambitious climate change goals in the sectorial plans of selected line ministries in line with a coherent Indonesian climate policy; (3) Strengthening the capacity to develop national climate-related finance and fiscal policy instruments.
To support this project, GIZ is currently recruiting one (1) Indonesian candidate for the following position:
- Supporting the respective Principal Advisors and project staff on communication-related instruments and public relations (PR) issues of the projects, such as e.g. the low-carbon-development Communication strategy for the partners
- Providing assistance to the projects in designing comprehensive approaches on communication and PR-issues, in line with the Communication Strategy of GIZ Office Indonesia
- Managing communication-related instruments of public appearance of the projects
- Developing and ensuring availability of publication material needed to promote the projects
- Supporting both the projects and the counterparts on key elements of document management and knowledge management
- Coordinating with the country office on communications-related matters
- Managing company-internal communication on behalf of the projects
- Supporting management in event planning and execution, publication management, media relations
- Promoting the projects’ objectives by accompanying communication measures in close cooperation with partners;
- Development and maintenance of a concept for the projects’ internal and external communications and systematic planning for communication activities with partners (incl. defining target groups, drafting key messages);
- Coordinating, implementing and monitoring communications work (e.g. effect, content quality and quantity);
Cooperating with the GIZ Office Indonesia and Corporate Communications
- Following strictly guidelines and toolkits provided by the Communication & PR unit of the GIZ Office Indonesia;
- Contributing to the country-wide communication activities and publications available and/or planned;
- Delivering projects’ information by requests;
- Participating and contributing to the company-internal communicators platform (Best practise sharing, knowledge exchange, part of editorial team for country-internal media, sharing information and event announcements);
- Actively contributing to GIZ internal systems for publications and photos’ storage.
- Coordinating and cooperating with service providers ensuring high-quality work (e.g.. consultants, agencies, photographers, trainers, writers);
- Administering and coordinating the needs for promotional items for the project.
PR activities of the project
- Developing and refining appropriate PR instruments for in cooperation with the partners (e.g. brochure, flyers, factsheets, standard presentation set);
- Ensuring to adhere corporate design standards assigned to project by funding party and that are agreed with the national partners;
- Contributing to GIZ Indonesia/ASEAN & Timor-Leste core publications (e.g. factsheets, website, project location map, success stories);
- Supporting and contributing to the content internal communication platforms of GIZ Indonesia/ASEAN and GIZ Germany;
- Maintaining projects’ photo archives;
- Distributing information and materials from GIZ Office Indonesia to project staff;
- Developing and maintaining (if available) appropriate instruments for the project’s internal communications (e.g. emails, internal events, etc..).
Other duties/additional tasks
- Performs other duties and tasks at the request of management
Required qualifications, competences and experience
- University degree in relevant field of work (Communications, Public Relations, Policy Development, International Relations, Journalism);
- A minimum of 4 years of experience of working in the field of communication (media and PR work, journalism, internal communication) preferably in international context;
- Experience in developing the documentation of processes and result platform (knowledge management);
- Fluency in writing, reading and speaking in English and Indonesian, knowledge of German language will be an advantage;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and a confident journalistic style that is suited to the target group.
Other knowledge, additional competences
- Basic knowledge of national development policy issues, development cooperation and international cooperation;
- Knowledge of desktop publishing or graphics applications;
- Very good working knowledge of ICT technologies (related software) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office);
- Social, intercultural understanding and interest, flexibility, ability to work in team, sense of diplomacy, ability to work in a politically sensitive environment;
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a fast-paced office environment, both independently and as part of a global team;
- Adaptable to rapidly changing priorities and able to manage multiple deadlines and deliver high quality work products;
- Willingness to up-skill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management.
Duty Station: Jakarta
Joining Date: a.s.a.p.
Direct Supervisor: Principal Advisor
Please submit your motivation letter and comprehensive resume (including latest photograph and list of references) to firstname.lastname@example.org by July 5th, with subject line PAECC – Communication Professional
Please name your file as the following format:
[Your Complete Name]_[Motivation Letter/CV/Latest Education Certificate] (i.e: Nakula Sadewa_CV or Nakula Sadewa_Motivation Letter or Nakula Sadewa_Reference)
Only short-listed candidates will be notified