Humanity & Inclusion (HI) is an independent and impartial aid organisation working in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflict and disaster. We work alongside people with disabilities and vulnerable populations, taking action and bearing witness in order to respond to their essential needs, improve their living conditions and promote respect for their dignity and fundamental rights.
HI has been present in Indonesia since 2005 and currently implementing projects in NTT province and in Special Region of Yogyakarta. In order to ensure the compliance with Humanity & Inclusion’s internal framework and institutional donor regulations so as to ensure on-going logistical support for the activities developed in accordance with departmental and program strategy, HI is looking for a Deputy Logistic Manager for its office in Yogyakarta. The post holder will deputise the Finance & Logistic Manager in completing her/his tasks.
Position Title: Deputy Logistic Manager
Closing date: rolling (this position will be filled as soon as the suitable candidate is identified)
Basic Salary Range: Rp 7.04 – 8.3 million IDR depending on objective weighting of candidate’s profile and non-negotiable.
The successful candidate is expected to start as soon as possible by the end of July 2019.
Under the line management of the Finance & Logistic Manager (FLM), the Deputy Log Manager will support the FLM in steering the country’s logistic management. In particular her/his main tasks will be:
- To ensure the application of logistics procedures in compliance with the legal framework and internal and donor regulations
- To deputise the management of general services (offices, guest houses/international staff accommodations, travel, storage facilities, seminars and trainings)
- To deputise the planning and guaranteeing efficient supply chain management
- To deputise the management and use of the vehicle fleet and other means of transport in compliance with internal regulations and the security plan
- To deputise the management of technical equipment
- To deputise the management of the programme’s logistics team and give technical support to Logistics Assistants and site logistics team
- To participate in the analysis and implementation of the programme’s security rules on delegation by Country Coordinator
DUTY STATION: Deputy Logistic Manager will be based in Yogyakarta
Full version of the job description can be downloaded –> Deputy Logistics Manager Job Description
- Candidate must possess a Bachelor’s/College Degree in Logistics, Economic, Management or related fields
- At least 3 years of experience in specializing in Inventory/Material and Logistics Management or equivalent in NGO sector is required for this position. Experience in emergency response/disaster management will be an asset
- Advanced Education degree might compensate experience; additional relevant experience in logistics management might compensate education requirement.
- Advanced in verbal and written in English and Indonesian
- Efficient communication skills in English and Indonesian
- Skills in formulating policy and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures based on the programs rules
- Highly responsible, dynamic, trustworthy, organized, and with good interpersonal skills
- Ability to work with diverse people, communities, and cultures
- Detail oriented, high integrity, self-motivated, ability to multi-task, provide quick responses, highly organized, autonomous and meet deadlines as required
- Strong leadership, management and negotiation skills
- Strong in computer/IT proficiency including initial trouble shooting: knowledge of computer system especially Windows environment and its office applications, knowledge of ERP applications is an advantage
- Posses motorbike driving license and willing to ride motorbike for professional purpose. Possession of car driving license and ability to drive car is an advantage
- Willing to travel to project areas and to be deployed to disaster area during emergency response
- Licensed and willing to ride a motorbike for work purpose
- Local recruitment – there is no financial support for mobility for non-resident applicants out of Yogyakarta
Initial contract will be for maximum 1 year with a possibility for renewal
Humanity & Inclusion is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons with disabilities, to apply.
Humanity & Inclusion has a zero-tolerance policy on sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority, fraud, bribery and corruption.
Any interested candidates should send their motivation letter together with CV in English and references less than 1MB as soon as possible to:
HR Manager of Humanity & Inclusion
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
(please put in reference in Subject: DLM Yogyakarta)
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.