About the organisation:
Islamic Relief Worldwide is an independent humanitarian and development organisation with a presence in 40 countries around the globe. Islamic Relief Worldwide is a UK based International relief. We have been fighting poverty and injustice for 30 years, in a world in which over three billion people still live in poverty.
Islamic Relief Worldwide in Indonesia was in operation since 2003 following the MOU signing with the Ministry of Home Affairs. The objective of IRW in Indonesia programme is to contribute to the social welfare of the Indonesia people and to alleviate the suffering. The main sector for the programme include:
- Water and Sanitation
- Sustainable livelihood
- Child Welfare
- Disaster Risk Reduction and Emergency Response
- Climate Change
- Health and Nutrition
The geographical area of work include Banten, NTB, Aceh and Central Sulawesi province directly implementing or through partners. The operation in Palu is implemented through a local NGO partner.
Islamic Relief Indonesia is currently working together with local NGO KONSEPSI (Konsorsium untuk Studi dan Pengembangan Partisipasi) to improve the livelihood of the fisherman, rain-fed farmers, and salt production through:
- A pilot Climate Community Based School
- Advocacy for Climate Change Adaptation
As the progress, Islamic Relief Indonesia and KONSEPSI has completed the year one’s activities such as Climate-change vulnerability mapping and analysis, Facilitator Training on community gender-based-climate school, workshop on Establishment of Forum for Climate Change Mitigation, and etc.
Entering the year two, Islamic Relief Indonesia is seeking CCA Project and Monitoring Senior Officer for SPCR2 Project to be stationed in the partner office.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Under the guidance of the Emergency Response and Preparedness Coordinator, oversee SP-CRC 2 (Supporting Poor Communities in Claiming in their rights in Climate Change) activities implementation carried out by Islamic Relief Partner (KONSEPSI) in the respective Targetetted area.
- Monitor the progress of project delivirables, Financial Spending and ensure that they are in line with project context
- Assist the partner in developing monthly and quarterly report including necessary report/update to be submitted to the Donor
- Assist the partner in external experts recruitment and make sure are done according to Islamic Relief Indonesia procurement Policy
- Work collaboratively with Partner and Islamic Relief Area Coordinator in engaging key stakeholder in the project
- Support the Climate Change Forum in producing draft of policies in Climate Change and liaise with local authority for necessary advocacy
- Prepare monthly and activity report and submit them to Emergency Response and Preparedness Coordinator on regular bases
- Undertake MEAL (Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning) works under supervision of Meal Manager
- Ensure the project are on track and inline with the project scope and budget
- Monitor Detailed Implementation Plan and ensure it consistently carried out by implementing partner in proper way
- Ensure Complaint Response Mechanism (CRM), Safeguarding and PSEA (Protection of Sexual Abuse and Exploitation) are adhered within the project implementation
- Ensure transparent, gender consideration in the selection of the Women
- Ensure implementation of projects is in conformity with donor guidelines and procedures.
- Maintain strong linkage with partners/peers and provide advocacy support as needed
- University Degree in international development, economics, social sciences, or related field, or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 4 years of experience working within development or humanitarian aid sectors – Experience in Climate Change Adaptation
- Familiar with basic project management skill
- Understand and be committed to the implementation and fulfillment of the Core Humanitarian Standard (CHS)
- Fluent in English (Verbal and Writing)
- Good Reporting in Bahasa Indonesia and English.
- Fully computer literate (Microsoft Office) is a must.
- Fluency in English (written and spoken)
- Flexible & Patient
- Ability to work on your own initiative as well as a part of a team
- Sympathetic with aims & objectives of Islamic Relief
- Empathy with & understanding of the basic teachings and values of Islam.
- Sensitive to local customs
- Ability to work in a stressful environment
- Energetic and able to operate in situations which may be arduous
- No serious health problems
Strong interest in development work with respect for confidentiality and commitment to Islamic Relief overall aims and objectives, including gender, equality and equal opportunities in all aspects of Islamic Relief’s work.
Islamic Relief is a faith based-non government organization that respects diversity and inclusiveness. Applicants from diverse religions, gender, race, and physical impairment are encouraged to apply.
All Islamic Relief team members are expected to support all efforts towards accountability, specifically to our beneficiaries and to international standards guiding international relief and development work while actively engaging beneficiary communities as equal partners in the design, monitoring and evaluation of our field project.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send only your application letter and CV to the email address: email@example.com
Applications submit directly to Islamic Relief Indonesia Office will not be considered. Women are strongly encouraged to apply for this position. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
The deadline for submitting applications is: 12 July 2019. The position may be filled upon finding the right applicant before the deadline.
Islamic Relief World (Indonesia) is committed to safeguarding and PSEA and have systems in place to provide conducive work environment.