Organization: Plan International Canada
Reports to: Manager, Marketing Communications
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Status: Full-time, 12 Month Contract
What can you expect from joining a leading organization in the global movement to advance children’s rights and equality for girls?
An inspiring team of intelligent disruptors that challenges themselves to Defy Normal – to be bold, insightful, focused and innovative.
We are one of Canada’s Most Admired Cultures and here’s why: together, we have created a climate of trust and inclusivity – where diversity in people, ideas and approaches is not only respected, it’s encouraged. We are empowered to command change and build powerful partnerships, with support from passionate leaders to unleash our full potential and learn, lead, decide and thrive.
Calling all skilled storytellers: are you a marketing professional who is passionate about standing up for children’s rights and equality for girls? Can you see yourself being part of a collaborative team working to transform lives in developing countries? Are you a creative-thinker who can craft and share content with the power to inspire and drive positive action? And, do you want to use your talents to motivate real change around the world?
If you answered “yes” to all the above, then this is the job for you!
What does success look like?
Reporting to the Manager, Marketing Communications, the Donor Communications Specialist supports the planning and execution of marketing strategies to retain and cultivate donors:
- Researching and pitching compelling impact stories (using both quantitative and qualitative narrative information)
- Copy writing for web and print to create engaging multimedia storytelling pieces – particularly for donor updates/stewardship
- Copy writing as required to support awareness, engagement or solicitation-based communications (e.g. topical events/campaigns)
- Connecting with internal and global staff to proactively secure content, as well as ensuring timely, quality reporting of scheduled content packages
- Fact-checking, coordinating approvals, researching and analyzing statistics and findings
- Composing print/online briefs (including video scripts and infographics as needed) and working with designers to oversee creative development
- Collaborating with internal teams to post, review, test and edit digital communications (email and web pages)
- Coordinating external printing with vendors (sharing and reviewing data and creative files to verify personalization and ensure successful mailing)
- Curating photography and video footage as needed (creating detailed shot lists for collection and story boarding); developing narrative scripts
- Testing formats, reviewing analytics/performance and optimizing communications to enhance custom donor experiences and overall retention rates
- Researching donor communications trends, benchmarks and competitive industry examples
- Supporting the Donor Marketing team as required, including potential for acquisition-based writing
As our ideal candidate you will have:
- Post-secondary education in any field of study
- An aptitude for storytelling and developing creative ways to craft, adapt and deliver key messages with superior written and verbal communication for multi-media formats
- Outstanding written communication skills (capable of writing in multiple voices/tones for a wide-variety of audiences)
- Experience in digital communications
- Strong project management, research and analytical skills
- A demonstrable track record of being resourceful and innovative
- Ability to take initiative and work independently within a highly collaborative, team-oriented environment
- Knowledge of international development, video editing and fluency in French are desirable
HOW TO APPLY:
To express interest in this exciting opportunity to join a dynamic organization and a high performing team please forward your resume and cover letter to email@example.com by July 23, 2019. Please reference Donor Marketing Communications Specialist in the subject line.