Red Nose Foundation
Red Nose Foundation’s mission is to support the educational and personal development of children living in underprivileged circumstances and to promote the empowerment of youth through arts while assisting them to become positive contributors to society. Red Nose Foundation is a pioneering force in creative education. Red Nose Foundation offers a safe place for children to explore, experiment and learn.
Red Nose Foundation currently works with 662 children offering over 120 hours of education and art classes each week. Since 2008, Red Nose Foundation programming has affected over 125,000 children across Indonesia. Red Nose Foundation uses circus as its main approach in developing the youths and children’s skills. The Social Circus approach is implemented in its programs to build self- confidence, discipline, teamwork, and good character. In addition to that, Red Nose runs many alternative education classes such as Science and Art, English and Drama, Hotel Vocational, Sport and Healthy Lifestyles, to support the students’ personal and educational development. The Foundation currently employs 20 full-time staff and works in Jurang mangu Bintaro and Cilincing.
We are looking for a Field Education Instructor (Soft Skills and Job Readiness) to be part of our team. The Field Education Instructor is a pivotal role within the organization. The role is to deliver the soft skills and job readiness lessons as well as to help administrative functions and works very closely with the Field Supervisor.
The position is offered full time (Monday to Friday) and is located at our field site in South Jakarta (Bintaro) and North Jakarta (Cilincing).
- Position Available: Field Education Instructor (Soft Skills Teacher)
- Reports to: Education Supervisor
- Contract Duration: 1+1 years (following 3-months probation) with possible extension
- Location: South Jakarta
- Application Deadline: July 26th, 2019
- Planning and implementing creative educational learning activities for youth aged 14 – 18 years old;
- Encouraging students’ skills in job readiness;
- Monitoring and evaluating student
- Preparing reports (weekly, monthly, quarterly, etc.) on project implementation at the local level, highlighting results/outcomes, programmatic successes, problems’ encountered and possible solutions;
- Handling social activities for community development;
Direct reporting to Education Supervisor
- Bachelor degree, preferably in Education. Fresh graduates are welcome to apply.
- Possess basic knowledge (Senior High School level) of English and Mathematics.
- Good understanding of classroom management.
- Good understanding of gender equality and domestic violence against children.
- Strong English speaking and writing abilities.
- Able to work independently with limited supervision/facility as well as a team player with a range of people in the slum area.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with experience in community facilitation, training, and organizing events.
- Computer literate and proficient in Microsoft Office tools and Internet-based App.
- Monthly salary
- Health insurance
- Generous leave arrangement
How to Apply
Please send updated CV and cover letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
Application without text in the body of the email will not be processed.