“Experienced manager with solid knowledge and broad network in the world of emergency response”
As Emergency Response Programme Manager you will be the inspiring leader to the processes of defining and rolling out War Child’s specific emergency response at international and programme country levels. War Child’s global strategy describes this emergency response as Fast and Flexible Programming (Fast/Flex). Under your leadership Fast/Flex will grow to a mature and impactful Global Programme. As Emergency Response Programme Manager you are responsible for defining, rolling out, fundraising and expanding the Fast/Flex programme – your extensive experience and network in the Humanitarian settings are the important conditions for making it a success.
This position can based either in Amsterdam (War Child’s Home Office) or in Stockholm (War Child Sweden office). As Emergency Response Programme Manager you are part of the International Programmes Department and report to the Director of International Programmes.
Setting up and running a specific Fast and Flexible emergency response global programme for War Child.
- Define, execute and expand War Childs Fast/Flex Emergency response concepts.
- Unpack Fast Flex at international level and with our Country operations
- Build and strengthen partnerships with major emergency response stakeholders
- Fundraise for War Child’s Fas/tFlex
- Represent War Child at the important Emergency Response platforms and fora
- Ensure competency building for emergency response capacity of War Child departments, country and regional offices and partners.
- University degree or equivalent
- At least 10 years of working experience in international emergency response sector
- Proven field experience
- Proven experience of direct Emergency Response
- Excellent social, communication skills and strong connector
- Excellent relation building skills, diplomatic skills
- Strong in building and maintaining networks – in fact, you already have an important network in the sector
- Flexibility, cultural and organisational sensitivity
- Strong facilitation and organisational skills, strategic thinking
- Motivated (and able to motivate others) towards achieving results and objectives
- Fluency in English required
- Additional languages (Dutch, Arabic, French or Spanish) are an important added value
- Fully support War Child’s mandate and mission
- Available full time and ready to travel regularly
- EU citizen or resident, able to live and work in the Netherlands or Sweden.
- Salary range from €3999 to €5600 gross per month, based on 40 hours week (the exact step determined by the years of your relevant working experience)
- 26 vacation days (based on 40 hours per week), plus 2 additional free days
- Pension contributions fully covered by the employer
- Monthly mobile phone contribution of € 25
- Possibility to follow training and/or courses and attend War Child’s events
- Pleasant working conditions, good atmosphere, great colleagues and of course the meaningful purpose of our work!
War Child is a dynamic organization. We try to keep an informal ambiance within our office, with a lot of room for creativity, inspiration and self-initiative from employees. We practice what we preach: dynamic, innovative, integrity focused, and a drive to reach the highest possible results against the lowest possible costs. War Child Holland offers a challenging job in an inspiring workplace in Amsterdam.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to apply before 18 August 2019. Make sure to upload your English CV (maximum of two pages) and to fill in our online questionnaire by using the following hyperlink: CLICK HERE
Please mention where you found this vacancy. Applications are considered on a rolling basis.
Is this not your dream job? Support War Child by sharing this job with your network!
The safety of children is essential to War Child. War Child does not tolerate or accept any form of abuse. This subject is addressed in our recruitment and selection procedures.
- Only applications received via our website are processed.
- If we appoint a suitable candidate before the given closing date, we reserve the right to remove the vacancy from our website before that date. In such a case, any responses received after that time are not processed.
- It could be that during our selection process the closing date for the vacancy is extended. If so, and you have not yet heard from us, your application will remain live.