CARITAS INDONESIA (YAYASAN KARINA)
Job Title: Program Coordinator for Emergency Response (ER)
Location: East Jakarta
Date: HIGH PRIORITY
BACKGROUND TO THE ROLE
Caritas Indonesia (Yayasan Karina) is the humanitarian arm of the Bishops’ Conference of Indonesia based in East Jakarta and officially considered as a member of the Caritas Internationalist confederation. Caritas Indonesia was established in 2006 with focus on disaster management issue which is translated into 4 programs, namely Disaster Risk Reduction, Diocesan Accompaniment, Partnership for Resiliency, and Capacity Building for Emergency Response. Caritas Indonesia plays the role as animating, coordinating and facilitating body for all the 37 Dioceses, incorporated under the Bishops’ Conference of Indonesia.
Caritas Indonesia (Karina) is an active member of Caritas Internationalis (CI) Confederation which has 167 members around the globe. Caritas is the Church’s heart and spearhead to spread the love for poor people. By using Caritas Internationalis Management Standard (CIMS), Caritas Indonesia want to help social works of Catholic Church in Indonesia to alleviate poverty and injustice. Caritas Indonesia’s works are integrated with CI’s strategic orientations, such as serving out of love, reducing the impact of humanitarian crises by enhancing disaster preparedness and response, empowering communities to eradicate all forms of poverty and unjust structure, amplifying the voices of the poor through education, communication and publication, as well as building a stronger Caritas based on professionalism, resource mobilization and the involvement of young people.
Caritas Indonesia (Karina) was given a mandate to support Dioceses to deal with Emergency Response (ER) activities in Indonesia. During a big scale of emergency response, the Program Coordinator and his/her team will be the first responder on the field. Then the consequence is the Program Coordinator will be responsible for facilitating the Diocesan Caritas to implement the emergency response in its area. The facilitation role will cover technical assistance of emergency response, the establishment of Caritas Diocese’s team, and the development of ER structure and SOP. The coordination role will also cover the management of emergency response team in the Caritas Indonesia network. Meanwhile, the animation role will cover the development program to strengthen the resilience of the target community/diocese.
The contract will be one year with the possibility for extension.
Under the direct supervision of Caritas Indonesia’s Program Manager, he/she will play a key role as the first responder in the field to support and coordinate Caritas Diocese’s ER Team in implementing emergency response. He/she will be covering all aspects related to the ER and DRR Mainstreaming and its contacts or networks in order to support the successful implementation of project.
- Coordinate all emergency response activities and its accompaniment/animation in 37 Dioceses or Caritas Indonesia’s working area.
- Lead the initial emergency response activities with the affected dioceses in order to facilitate and animate the local structures (diocese, parish and national levels).
- Maintain the emergency response rooster for Caritas Indonesia’s network and volunteers as well as at the nationwide level such as BNPB, UN-OCHA, etc.
- Act as a Project Coordinator to all ER-DRR Project.
- Person in charge for emergency response activities and support communication exchange to Caritas Internationalis Confederation and Caritas Indonesia Network.
- Coordinate with Program Manager, Support Manager and Executive Director of Caritas Indonesia in relation with emergency response issues and projects.
- Together with Finance Division involve in planning and developing carefully the project’s budget.
- Ensure proper disbursement of project funds as determined by the project purpose and the project agreement.
- Develop SOP and Roadmap for emergency response to be used as the development of Caritas Indonesia’s organizational capacity.
- Plan, implement and monitor (MEAL) all emergency response activities/projects.
- Undertake any other task given by his/her supervisor and Executive Director of Caritas Indonesia.
- Travel to Caritas Indonesia’s project sites for implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the project (Diocesan Accompaniment).
- Good understanding on main Church documents, such as Deus Caritas Est, Caritas in Veritate, Evangelii Gaudium, and Laudato Si’ as the spiritual foundation of Caritas Indonesia.
- Strong commitment on humanity’s compassion and service to poor people as it is described on Catholic Social Teaching.
- Obey Caritas Indonesia (Yayasan Karina)’s vision, mission and principles as well as Caritas Internationalis guiding values and principles.
- Able to work in a team, internally with program staffs and working team from another institution.
- Good program planning and good implementation.
- Strong ability to balance self-condition, mentally and emotionally.
- Participatory and communicative.
- Efficient, accurate and supportive.
- No corruption, accountable and responsible.
- Transparent (have to appropriate with what had been spent and had been accepted, also show supportive evidences).
- Write Back to Office Report after attending meetings, conferences, workshops, trainings, events, or site visits to project location with project partners and/or donors.
- At least 3 years’ experience of working with emergency response and humanitarian program.
- At least 3 years’ experience in organizational development and project management.
- Advance skills to do accompaniment and facilitation to community and project.
- High experience in strategic planning approaches, including needs assessment and project design, logical framework development, and monitoring and evaluation plans, particularly in Emergency Response and Disaster Risk Reduction projects.
- Excellent interpersonal, documentation and problem-solving skills.
- Sensitivity to gender, subsidiarity and inclusiveness issues.
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills, relationship building, leadership, diplomacy, tact and patience.
- Fluency in English and Bahasa Indonesia, both written and spoken.
- Experience and knowledge of managing development funds, including submitting proposals, reporting on and acquitting of funds.
- Experience of capacity building and mentoring of local organizations.
- Ability to work independently as required and in the same time able to work in team work.
- Having good leadership in personnel management.
- Familiarity with the Not-For-Profit sector and the Catholic organization.
- Experience working with the Catholic Church network.
- Understanding of strategies for working with the poorest, marginalized and most vulnerable.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of programs.
Application, CV and contact details for 3 references (phone number and email address) should be submitted by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org at the latest of 16 September 2019.