The Agriculture Program Assistant will support the Agriculture Program Officer to ensure that at least 250 rice/corn/cocoa farmers will be participating in the demo plots and harvest events in two subdistricts in Sigi district. S/he will work with the Agriculture program to facilitate the farmer groups/farmer group unions’ members access to the good agricultural practices in collaboration with the local agricultural input suppliers and local traders/off-takers.
*This position will be hired as temporary staff for 11 months
- University degree in Agronomy or related fields;
- 2+ years Agri-based community development experiences, preferably with a focus on Good Agriculture Practices and Advisory Services;
- Experience in conducting agriculture/agronomy research;
- Experience in design and implementing the capacity building on good agriculture practices and advisory services for farmer groups’
- The experience worked with government agencies (especially with the Ministry of Agriculture, District Agriculture, and Extension Offices) and private companies;
- Computers skills with strong familiarity with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint;
- Priority will be given to the local resident
Please send your CV together with the form on this LINK with position applied on the email subject to firstname.lastname@example.org
The vacancy will be closed 23 August 2019 and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
We look forward to hearing from those who are interested in taking this opportunity to grow and develop with us.