Mien R. Uno Foundation is a non-profit organization focused on entrepreneurship education. Our goal is to build Indonesian young entrepreneurs. We are now looking for Finance Staff for WGDP Project (FA_WGDP) to join our team (1 Position).
The position is full-time based in Surabaya.
Women’s Global Development and Prosperity (W-GDP) initiative is USAID wide effort to economically empower women. By investing in women, USAID is enabling countries to progress beyond assistance by unlocking human potential on a transformational scale.
This position is responsible for implementing all financial and accounting functions for the project ensuring that all transactions are properly processed, recorded, and reported on time. The Accountant is responsible for ensuring that financial transactions are in line with USAID regulations.
- Assist in preparation and reviewing expense reports, bank reconciliations, petty cash reports, bank vouchers, and petty cash vouchers.
- Implement day to day operation of accounting activities in Jakarta, including accounts payable, purchasing and accounts receivable by using Zahir accounting system.
- Contribute to the overall performance of Finance and Operations by ensuring that policy is properly implemented and all transactions are properly processed, recorded and reported on time.
- Prepare vouchers for payments for vendors and consultants. Maintain payment for approval.
- Verify vendor and local subcontractor invoices and make sure that all supporting documents are received and correct.
- Assist in issuing and sending checks and wire requests to appropriate recipients.
- Maintain audit-ready finance/accounting filing system.
- Support and prepare financial documents, including M&IE, logistics and transport payments for participants during and after workshops/seminars/trainings etc.
- Implement all financial aspects.
- Prepare and submit timely and accurate monthly & quarterly financial reports
- Prepare and submit monthly/annual payroll tax payment and reporting to the GOI tax office in timely fashion.
- Maintain financial records (receipts, vouchers, invoices, etc.).
- Any other professional work as directed by Project Director, Policy and Delivery.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance and accounting.
- Minimum of 4-5 years of professional experience in accounting or financial management.
- A good knowledge of the general accounting practices and procedures, fund accounting bookkeeping and taxes.
- Familiarity with and awareness of the laws and regulations that apply to accounting functions to ensure compliance.
- Fluent in English (oral and written).
- Excellent computer skills essential (Fluency in MS Excel, Zahir is a plus)
- Knowledge of USAID policies and procedures is also a plus.
- Commit to work with good quality standard and time manner.
We are waiting for your application letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org latest 22 September 2019, with email subject: FA_WGDP. The test & selection will be held in Jakarta. Mien R. Uno Foundation will not cover the applicants’ accommodation and transportation during the selection process. Only short-listed candidate will be contacted.