Abt Associates is a specialist international health and social sector consulting company that provides services to public and private sector clients. Abt Associates is a wholly owned Australian subsidiary of Abt Associates, regularly ranked as one of the top 20 global research firms and one of the top 40 international development innovators. We provide a comprehensive range of services from policy to service delivery in the public and private sectors, contributing to long term benefits for clients and communities. Abt Associates is an organisation that has a personal commitment to its staff and as such we value the long-term relationships that we build with the people who work for us.
KOMPAK is an Australia-Indonesia government partnership supporting the Government of Indonesia’s efforts in reducing poverty through improvements in basic service delivery and creating opportunities for work. KOMPAK focuses its efforts on three result areas:
- Supporting Local Governments and Service Units to better address the needs of basic service users;
- Supporting the poor and vulnerable to benefit from improved village governance; and
- Supporting the poor and vulnerable to benefit from increased opportunities for employment and economic development.
The position, Finance and Admin Officer, will be responsible for providing support to the KOMPAK provincial offices to ensure good quality practices in administrative and finance management in implementing provincial offices’ portfolio of project activities.
- Assisting provincial offices in completing documents for advance settlements of the events
- Support collecting and preparing other documents related to payments and ensure all claims are correct with actual and complete receipts and expenses, including payment for the events (vendor and others)
- Support Finance Coordinator preparing payment documents
- Supporting Office Coordinator preparing events-related logistics (including preparing handouts, materials) and office supplies
- Support Office Coordinator following up with the vendors and developing and updating preferred vendor rates
- Supporting Office Coordinator for the venue hire/accommodation/meeting package/catering arrangements
- Following up with participants’ attendance, collecting attendance list for any events
- Checking on regular basis of office maintenance (electricity, office furniture and first aid kit expire date,
Supporting Office Coordinator liaising with KOMPAK travel officer to ensure travel bookings, accommodation and car rental
- Collecting provincial staffs and consultant’s (operational) timesheets
- Supporting Office Coordinator for undertaking small scale procurements
- Support checking all invoices submitted by vendors
- Further information regarding other key duties is included in the Information for Applicants in the ‘View Position Description’.
- University degree in any relevant field
- At least 4 years’ professional works in finance, logistics, administrations, and procurements
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team
- Ability to work autonomously with tight deadline
- Must be strongly details oriented and show patience and determination to explore the problem and all of its elements until the reasoning has been found so that it can be resolved accurately
- Experience in donor funded program
- Understanding of gender equality and social inclusion issues
Further Information & Application
Further information regarding this opportunity can found in the ‘View Position Description’ link.
Applications should be submitted online via the Careers page of Abt Associates’ website and MUST include a CV and covering letter addressing the key requirements listed above.
Applications close: 31 October 2019 – midnight (AEST)
We welcome and thank all applicants however; only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.