The Alliance for Financial Inclusion (AFI) is the world’s leading organization on financial inclusion policy and regulation. A member-owned network, AFI promotes and develops evidence-based policy solutions that help to improve the lives of the poor. AFI members are at the forefront of successful financial system reforms and have the unique experience to help shape the emerging regulatory response. Many of the most effective financial inclusion policies have been innovated, supported and implemented by AFI member institutions, and offer valuable lessons for any country interested in reducing poverty. Together, AFI members are working to unlock the potential of the world’s 2 billion unbanked through the power of financial inclusion.
Driven by the AFI Third Phase Corporate Strategy (2019 – 2023), the Financial Inclusion In-Country Implementation (ICI) Business Unit is responsible for offering technical and advisory support to the AFI member institutions – mainly financial regulators and supervisors –assisting them in the implementation of their financial inclusion policy and regulatory changes. The main objective of the ICI is to facilitate the formulation and implementation of financial inclusion strategies, policies, regulations, financial oversight tools, and coordination and monitoring structures to enhance financial inclusion at the national level. AFI ICI is leverages in the core member-driven services offered by the AFI Network and it is guided by the AFI regional and technical support team.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
The Policy Analyst, Financial Inclusion In-Country Implementation, will be primarily responsible for day-to-day support on all the programs related to the ICI support and advisory services. He/she will be relied upon as a trusted resource for the team to maintain up-to-date the management process, a well as undertake research, analyze data, review documents, distil volumes of information into key insights and effectively communicate key findings. He/she are expected to have a good grasp of financial inclusion policy issues, economics literature, legal precedent, and ideally also industry developments pertaining to financial inclusion. It is highly recommended to have project management experience, writing and communication skills, leadership, and team work.
The Policy Analyst will:
- be directly accountable and report to the Senior Policy Manager
- liaise and work closely with the In-Country Implementation Team and with the Policy Programs & Regional Initiatives team
- liaise and work closely with the Member Relations, Finance, Communications, Monitoring and Evaluation, Grants and Project Management team
- develop and maintain relationships with appropriate external parties
Responsibilities include the following:
- Ensures effective management and implementation of the In-Country Implementation support program including coordination with members involved in the technical advice and administrative support for event related issues including database updates on CRM.
- Programme support – provide support with conceptualizing, preparing, coordinating and the organization of regional and thematic conferences, workshops and events, including the annual Global Policy Forum (GPF).
- Policy analysis – assessing issues and current trends on financial inclusion, emerging topics to address the challenges for financial inclusion, research into current practices and research work on financial inclusion that works towards the objective of reducing the 1.7 billion unbanked population.
- Regulatory policy analysis – undertakes research work and provides analysis on various policy work streams undertaken globally to address the issues of financial exclusion, both from developing & emerging including developed countries.
- Undertake research on a wide range on financial inclusion topics with focus on financial inclusion policy.
- Draft financial inclusion policy presentations, briefs, reports, and conference materials.
- Coordinate communication materials on current financial inclusion topics and trends for AFIs internal communication platform.
- Perform other related duties as required by the Senior Policy Manger and the Policy Manager
The candidate will have an advanced degree in Economics, International Development, Law or another related field. Fluent in English with working knowledge of French or Spanish would be a definite asset. A minimum of 2 – 3 years’ experience working in financial inclusion policy or related field, preferably within an international organization. Management skills, excellent writing and communication skills, leadership and teamwork characteristics are also essential.
- Good command of English – both oral and written; additional language skills are an advantage
- Excellent project management and time management skills
- Good Analytical abilities
- Solid analytical and research skills
- Advanced knowledge of software/computer applications (i.e. Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Ability and experience in organizing events and meetings
- Good interpersonal and intercultural skills in a diverse international environment
- Positive attitude and collaborative team spirit
- Highly motivated self-starter
- Ability to multi-task and self-manage
- Interest in social impact and financial inclusion
How to Apply
Interested applicants please send your CV, Cover Letter and published writing sample to email@example.com
Closing Date : 31st October 2019