JOB TITLE: Senior Technical Advisor
JOB LOCATION: Jakarta, Indonesia
REPORTS TO: Technical Director
PROJECT: United States Agency for International Development (USAID) Global Health Supply Chain Program – Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) in Indonesia
General Summary and Background
The USAID-funded Global Health Supply Chain Program – Procurement & Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) project is being implemented by Chemonics International. The focus of the project in Indonesia is to provide technical assistance in supply chain management to the Ministry of Health for HIV, TB, and laboratory commodities, in support of the national HIV/AIDS and TB programs in the country. At the national level, the project supports the Directorate of Direct Infectious Disease Control (Sub-directorates HIV/AIDS and TB), the Directorate of Quality and Health Services Accreditation (Laboratory services), and the Directorate of Public Medicine and Health Supplies. At the provincial level, the project provides significant support to Jakarta as well as other provinces.
The Senior Technical Advisor will provide technical and operational support for program coordination and supply chain strengthening for these programs, with an emphasis on ensuring data for decision making is available to MOH program managers and USAID. This position reports to the Deputy Country Director of the GHSC-PSM Project in Indonesia.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provide technical support to improve the HIV/AIDS and TB supply chains at the central and provincial levels, focusing on data collection and analysis, tracking of performance indicators, and advising Ministry of Health and Implementing Partner staff involved in supply chain activities.
- Support the MoH in the design, development, and use of information systems that ensure the availability and reliability of data for supply chain management decision making by the Ministry of Health, implementing partners, and international donors.
- Provide analytical support related to key supply chain data to identify current weaknesses and propose implementable solutions to address these weaknesses.
- Coordinate with the MoH and other key partners in collecting data against agreed indicators at the national, provincial, and facility levels.
- Supervise the preparation of various reports (monthly, quarterly, annual, and ad hoc) for key stakeholders, including MoH program managers, USAID, Global Fund, and GHSC-PSM headquarters.
- Support central and provincial level program managers in convening and managing Logistics Coordinating Committees, including the organization of meetings, development of activities, and collection and dissemination of information.
- Coordinate with MoH counterparts and USAID in monitoring the HIV and TB commodity supply chains to ensure that the right quantities of commodities are procured and made available at all levels of the supply chains.
- Provide technical input for the semi-annual and annual quantification process at the national and provincial levels.
- Prepare and present technical presentations as necessary.
- Foster relationships and communication between relevant government stakeholders and other technical partners.
- Supervise the Monitoring & Evaluation Officer and assigned Logistics Activity Manager(s).
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree in public health, pharmacy, logistics, or business administration.
- Five years’ experience working with health programs. Experience working in TB and/or HIV highly preferred.
- Experience providing technical assistance in supply chain management and/or program monitoring & evaluation to the Ministry of Health.
- Experience working in partnership with health programs supported by international agencies, and especially USAID, highly preferred.
- Demonstrated strong relationships and coordination with HIV and TB Programs at the national and/or provincial levels preferred.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills to measure the outcomes of project activities and to support project implementation.
- Ability to work in a team environment, while also completing individual tasks with minimal supervision.
- Professional level competence in English and Indonesian, both verbally and in writing.
- Indonesian citizen or authorized to work in Indonesia
Location of Assignment
The location of assignment is Jakarta, Indonesia with possible travel to other provinces. Intermittent local travel may be required.
The Senior Technical Advisor will report directly to the Technical Director of the GHSC-PSM project in Indonesia, or his/her designee.
When you are interested on the above position and consider that you possess the necessary qualification, please upload your job application consisting of updated curriculum vitae and cover letter to: CLICK HERE
DEADLINE: October 31, 2019
No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, or other legally protected characteristics.