About the organisation:
Islamic Relief Worldwide (IRW) is an independent humanitarian and development organisation with a presence in 40 countries around the globe. Islamic Relief Worldwide is a UK based International relief. We have been fighting poverty and injustice for 30 years, in a world in which over three billion people still live in poverty.
Islamic Relief Worldwide in Indonesia was in operation since 2003 following the MOU signing with the Ministry of Home Affairs. The objective of IRW in Indonesia programme is to contribute to the social welfare of the Indonesia people and to alleviate the suffering. The main sector for the programme include:
- Water and Sanitation
- Sustainable livelihood
- Child Welfare
- Disaster Risk Reduction and Emergency Response
- Climate Change
- Health and Nutrition
The geographical area of work include Banten, NTB, Aceh and Central Sulawesi province directly implementing or through partners. The operation in Palu is implemented through a local NGO partner.
Currently Islamic Relief Worldwide in Indonesia is looking to recruit Project Assistant based in Palu – Central Sulawesi.
REPORTING LINE: Palu Area Manager
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To receive Purchase Request (PR) from Program Staff with relevant support document (detail specification, pictures, sample, etc.)
- To create and complete PR in AX (IRW’s Procurement System) and attaching any supporting document for PR (detail specification, pictures, sample, etc.) after coordinating with Logistic team
- To follow up the approvals to the budget holders
- To print PR and all the attachment if any.
- To submit PR to Logistics Section and receive receipt note.
- To monitor and follow up Procurement process according to the procurement categories
- Collect, documented and distributed Palu staff weekly report to relevant supervisor.
- Compile all of the IRW’s archiving Program based on the category, including Tender archiving.
- Collect all the originals supporting documents and send to Jakarta office. A photocopied documents be kept in Field Office.
- Other tasks as assigned by Supervisor.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATION:
- Graduated from any related Diploma degree.
- Having 2 – 3 years relevant experience. Working in Humanitarian organization is highly desired.
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills, working with as a team member.
- Strong initiative and self-motivated, with a strong commitment to teamwork and humanitarian principle.
- Ability to multitask with competing demands under tight deadlines and work under pressure.
- Fully computer literate (Microsoft Office)
- Fluent in English is preferable.
Islamic Relief is a faith based-non government organization that respects diversity and inclusiveness. Applicants from diverse religions, gender, race, and physical impairment are encouraged to apply.
Accountability: All Islamic Relief team members are expected to support all efforts towards accountability, specifically to our beneficiaries and to International standards guiding international relief and development work while actively engaging beneficiary communities as equal partners in the design, monitoring and evaluation of our field project.
How to apply:
Please send only your application letter and CV to the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications submit directly to Islamic Relief Indonesia Office will not be considered. Women are strongly encouraged to apply for this position. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
The deadline for submitting applications is: 28 October 2019