AT OXFAM, WE WON’T LIVE WITH POVERTY.
Together we can end extreme poverty for good. Will you join us?
What we are looking for: MEAL Officer (INT5943) based in Jakarta
MEAL officer will be part of Program Quality and Partnership (PQP) team. PQP is to lead the country programme in increasing Oxfam’s programme impact and strengthening programme quality by working closely with both organisations that we work in partnership with and Oxfam management and teams across the organisation.
To strengthen the country programme’s effectiveness in adding value to its partnerships through the provision of technical expertise and partner capacity development across influencing, policy and campaigning, and key thematic areas.
To lead the country programme in achieving self-sufficiency in meeting programme standards, and to embed an approach that sees learning and feedback influencing programme design and strategic decision-making, with knowledge being created, gathered vertically and horizontally, effectively managed, and shared.
Responsible for the development and the implementation of appropriate Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning systems that are in line with the Oxfam global MEAL procedures, standard and contributing to ensuring that the humanitarian/response projects and programs perform as planned.
Skills and Competence
- University degree on Social Studies, social work or any other relevant field.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in design, development and management of Monitoring and Evaluation system
- Comprehensive understanding of Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning concept or principles
- Strong interpersonal skills and a highly-developed ability to work in multicultural settings and with community groups of varying backgrounds; developed capacity for tact, diplomacy and negotiation
- Demonstrable experience in working with communities and development contexts.
- Demonstrated capacity to work collaboratively in partnership with experience of working with a wide variety of partners
- Having experiences on gender and safe guarding within a development context
- Well-developed analytical and strategic planning skills with the ability to influence the wider country programme strategy
- Sound understanding of programme management with experience across a range of program types
Complete Job Profile can be found on below advertisement page: MEAL Officer
Our values and commitment to safeguarding
Oxfam is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people, adults and beneficiaries with whom Oxfam GB engages. Oxfam expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
The post holder will undertake the appropriate level of training and is responsible for ensuring that they understand and work within the safeguarding policies of the organisation. All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records and terrorism finance checks.
We are committed to ensuring diversity and gender equality within our organisation and encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.
How to apply
As part of your online application, please upload your up to date CV and respond to three key questions related to your experience in MEAL. Your application will be shortlisted based on your CV and your responses to the above questions CLICK HERE
Oxfam is a global movement of people working together to end the injustice of poverty. That means we tackle the inequality that keeps people poor. Together we save, protect and rebuild lives. When disaster strikes, we help people build better lives for themselves, and for others. We take on issues like land rights, climate change and discrimination against women. And we won’t stop until every person on the planet can enjoy life free from poverty.
Oxfam GB is a member of international confederation of 19 organisations working together with partners and local communities in the areas of humanitarian, development and campaigning, in more than 90 countries.