CARITAS INDONESIA (YAYASAN KARINA)
Job Title : Diocesan Accompaniment Officer
Location : Central Jakarta
Division : Program
Date : a.s.a.p.
BACKGROUND OF THE POSITION
Caritas Indonesia (Yayasan Karina) is the humanitarian arm of the Bishops’ Conference of Indonesia based in Central Jakarta and is officially considered as a member of the Caritas Internationalist confederation. Established in mid-2006, it recently completed its third strategic planning at the end of 2017. The new strategic planning is for 5 years period (2018 – 2022). Caritas Indonesia acts as a coordinating, animating and facilitating body for all the Diocesan Caritas or Pastoral Commissions which have mandate on Caritas in 37 Dioceses, incorporated under the Bishops’ Conference of Indonesia. Caritas Indonesia now has Program Division and Support Division. The entitled position of the Program Manager is under the Program Division.
Caritas Indonesia (Karina) is an active member of Caritas Internationalis (CI) Confederation which has 167 members around the globe. Caritas is the Church’s heart and spearhead to spread the love for poor people. By using Caritas Internationalis Management Standard (CIMS), Caritas Indonesia want to help social works of Catholic Church in Indonesia to alleviate poverty and injustice. Caritas Indonesia’s works are integrated with CI’s strategic orientations, such as serving out of love, reducing the impact of humanitarian crises by enhancing disaster preparedness and response, empowering communities to eradicate all forms of poverty and unjust structure, amplifying the voices of the poor through education, communication and publication, as well as building a stronger Caritas based on professionalism, resource mobilization and the involvement of young people.
DESCRIPTION OF THE DIVISION
The Program Division is one of divisions in Caritas Indonesia that leads for all of programmatic and management elements, such as planning, budgeting, communicating, advocating, monitoring and staffing.
The Diocesan Accompaniment Officer (DA Officer) will report to the Diocesan Accompaniment Coordinator (DA Coordinator) Caritas Indonesia (Karina).
The contract will be one year with the possibility for extension.
DETAILS OF ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
(Described under each of the following sub-titles as needed)
- Responsible for designing the Diocesan Accompaniment (DA) program to strengthen the institution of diocesan Caritas-PSE.
- Focus person for Diocesan Accompaniment Project
- In charge of Program budget. Develop Diocese Accompaniment program budget.
- Facilitating Diocese Accompaniment Training for dioceses in need.
- Provide technical assistance and empowerment to the diocese Caritas-PSE or other pastoral social institutions in connection with the Diocesan Accompaniment program.
- Ensure the dioceses carry out its follow-up plan and provides assistance as requested by the diocese.
- Monitor budget for Program/project activities. Prepare and review Program/project agreements between Caritas Indonesia and Dioceses for Program/project activities.
- Responsible to write monthly report of Program/project activities to Program/project Coordinator/Manager.
- Responsible to write midterm and final analysis report of Program/project activities to Program Coordinator.
- Ready to deploy to emergency areas as a representative of Caritas Indonesia.
- As institution’s representative in any coordination forums in Indonesia. Facilitate sharing of information, lessons learned, and experiences for staff and Diocesan Caritas institutions.
- Undertake any other tasks given by his/her supervisor and Executive Director of Caritas Indonesia as long as his/her main tasks are not interrupted and still manageable
- Good understanding on main Church documents, such as Deus Caritas Est, Caritas Veritate, Evangelii Gaudium, and Laudato Si’ as the spiritual foundation of Caritas Indonesia.
- Strong commitment on humanity’s compassion and service to poor people as it is described on Catholic Social Teaching.
- Obey Caritas Indonesia (Yayasan Karina)’s vision, mission and principles as well as Caritas Internationalis guiding values and principles.
- Able to work in a team, internally with program staffs and working team from another institution.
- Good program planning and good implementation.
- Strong ability to balance self-condition, mentally and emotionally.
- Participatory and communicative.
- Efficient, accurate and supportive.
- No corruption, accountable and responsible.
- Transparent (must appropriate with what had been spent and had been accepted, also show supportive evidences).
- Write Back to Office Report after attending meetings, conferences, workshops, trainings, events, or site visits to project location with project partners and/or donors.
- Graduate from S1/S2 (any discipline).
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience as a Program Officer
- Familiarity with the Not-For-Profit sector and the Catholic organization, working Diocesan is advantage
- Experience working with the Catholic Church network
- Experience in program planning, program management and program budget
- Familiar with Project Cycle Management, Disaster Risk Reduction and Emergency Response.
- Good understanding of humanitarian response program principles and challenges.
- Substantial experience in the management of large humanitarian operational programs (including health, shelter, livelihoods, NFI, logistic, finance, human resources) and understanding of relevant issues.
- Well-developed written project design and reporting skills, and experience in reporting on international relief and development program.
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills, relationship building, leadership, diplomacy, tact and patience.
- Fluency in English and Bahasa Indonesia, both written and orally.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills.
- Experience of capacity building and mentoring of local organizations.
- Ability to work independently as required and in the same time able to work in team work.
- Understanding of strategies for working with the poorest, marginalized and most vulnerable.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of programs.
Application, CV and contact details for 3 references should be submitted by e-mail to: email@example.com , firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com at the latest 02 December 2019.