CBM’s Indonesia Country Office in Jakarta is now accepting applications for a LIVELIHOOD SPECIALIST (1 Position available)
Location: Palu, Indonesia
Contract Duration: Fixed Term, 10Months (with possible extension)
Contract Type: Full time
Contract Start: November 2019
Reporting line: Humanitarian Coordinator
CBM is an international development organization whose the primary purpose is to improve the quality of life of the world’s poorest persons with disabilities and those at risk of disability. CBM works with partner organizations in low-income countries to both develop and ensure that persons with disabilities and their families have ready access to affordable and comprehensive health care and rehabilitation programmes, quality education programmes, and livelihood opportunities. Working with persons with disabilities, CBM advocates for their inclusion in all aspects of society, and for the inclusion of disability in international cooperation.
The main objective of the position
The Livelihood Specialist will provide technical support and partner capacity building on disability-inclusive livelihood, as well to support implementation and the delivery of skills and awareness training for beneficiaries and local community members.
The Livelihood Specialist will contribute to the successful recovery of livelihood activities of most-disaster-affected, disproportionally-at-risk populations in five communities in Central Sulawesi by providing technical expertise in project implementation, monitoring, and evaluation, and learning with CBM’s partner organization. This role will build the capacity of the partners’ project staff.
We are looking for someone who will…
- Provides Technical Oversight and Capacity Building, facilitate identification of partner technical capacity needs specific to project interventions, systematic design and rollout of tailor-made structured integrated capacity training both in-house and from external trainers such as state technical departments, technical institutions, and economic cluster. Contribute to the development, dissemination and partner induction on cluster sectoral SOPs, systems, approaches and tools.
- Oversee Project Implementation progress, including but not limited to: develop livelihood concept, engagement strategy with community and partners, monitoring activity implementation, development of ToR of activities, documentation of project outputs, development technical report from the fieldwork, assist communication and coordination with partners, and other project-related activities. Providing feedback on the content of submitted partner reports and compliance to agreed deadlines. Conduct an organizational capacity assessment of YEU for Livelihood and develop a mid-term organizational capacity the development plan for the Livelihood programme.
- Administrate Networking mapping and coordination of Livelihood project activities with local development/ & administrative actors, by effectively represent CBM at the Livelihoods and Food Security, Cash Transfer, Governance and HLP technical forums and local coordination meetings including sharing project implementation plans, including promote initiatives to mainstream disability in Livelihood programming. Identify and promote a culture of synergies between project stakeholders’.
- Contribute to the development Programme Quality and Learning, ensuring implementation of comprehensive project and partner-specific MEAL Plans, data collection instruments, methodologies, and other information management systems (MIS) with support from the program quality team
- Ensure accountability standard on the project is performed, guide partners in the application of transparent practices around the beneficiary selection, resource allocations, selection of project implementation structures, etc. Ensure the establishment of effective feedback and response mechanism.
- Providing these services in an effective and efficient manner to ensure the project target and implementation are maintained in an effective and efficient manner
We are looking for someone who has…
- A passion to make a difference for improving the life of people with disabilities
- Relevant university degree in social sciences, business management, international development or related field.
- Professional experience of 5 years in a national or international NGO with a minimum of 3 years at senior level, with a track record in successfully managing inclusive livelihood programmes in collaboration with national partners.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal relationship skills
- A demonstrated ability to work independently is considered and essential requirement.
- A high degree of integrity and accountability
- Ability to handle sensitive and keep confidential information
- Commitment to CBM’s mission and vision
- Professional proficiency in English and Indonesian language skills (both written and spoken)
- Proficiency in the local language will be an added advantage
CBM encourages all people with disabilities including with psychosocial disability to apply for this position
Lived experience of disability is advantageous for anyone working for CBM and we always welcome applications from persons with a disability. If you would benefit from accommodations at any stage of the recruitment process, please do not hesitate to contact us. We will make every effort to be of assistance. For further information about CBM’s inclusion policy, please see HERE.
CBM is a child-safe organization. The future job holder adheres to CBM’s staff commitments and CBM’s Child Safeguarding Policy; s/he must be able to provide a certificate of good conduct or equivalent.
Candidates with the required profile and proven experiences, who meet these qualifications, are invited to submit via e-mail a meaningful letter of motivation, stating why s/he wishes to work for CBM, CV, three professional references and salary expectation to Indonesia.Recruitment@cbm.org with subject: LS_<Your Name>. Applications not fulfilling these requirements will not be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be notified. Deadline for applications is 10 November 2019