CALL FOR APPLICATIONS
JWB PR and Communication Fellowship Position Open!
Justice Without Borders (JWB) is calling Indonesia students to apply as our Public Relations Fellows for Fellowship Program in our Indonesia office.
Justice Without Borders (JWB) is a regional NGO supporting migrant worker victims in seeking compensation against abusers. JWB develops the networks, knowledge, and know-how needed to make access to justice a reality for migrant workers, no matter where they happen to be. JWB has offices in Indonesia, Hong Kong, and Singapore. JWB Indonesia’s main function is to work with grassroots organisations on Indonesian migrant workers’ cases.
PR and Communication fellows will engage in public relations, communication, events and operations. Fellows will also gain hands-on experience in:
- Writings skills for migrant worker issues
Assisting in development of PR strategies and activities
- Supporting multimedia management (website, social media)
- Practicing skills and experience (in photography and video shooting)
- Working with other PR Fellows from Singapore and Hong Kong
- The Fellows will assist with visual communications, including designing for awareness raising, photo/video shooting and editing.
- They will also provide support in strategic research and content development/management for JWB’s social media platforms and digital assets.
- Work also includes supporting other public relations projects, including write an article, event management, administration and supporting out staff generally.
- The Fellow will gain hands-on experience in public relations and work alongside other JWB Fellows, volunteers and staff across the region.
Please note that the Fellowship is a professional engagement with students treated as junior staff in the organisation. While experience with migrant worker issues is an advantage, it is not required. We are looking for people who are passionate about social justice, are self-motivated, resourceful, able to work in a team and not afraid to take on new challenges outside their comfort zone.
Requirements for Prospective PR Fellows
- Full-time position, 4 days per week from 10.00am – 6.00pm.
- Skills or interest in visual communications, such as graphic design, videography, photo editing and branding.
- Preferable student of Communication or Public Relations major
- Fluency in English, with strong written and oral communications skills.
- Ability to work well in a team, managing tasks assigned to the entire group.
- Strong organisational skills, ability to manage multiple tasks with different deadlines.
- Knowledge of website and social media tools, including WordPress, Twitter, and Facebook.
- Have their own laptop with Microsoft Office products and ability to communicate via web applications (email, calendar) throughout the day.
- Interest in NGO work.
- This is an unpaid fellowship and is fully operated on a voluntary basis.
Please send your CV along with a writing sample of no more than 10 pages to: firstname.lastname@example.org