Position Title: Health Programs Lead
Status: Full Time
Reports to: VP, Global Programs
Office: New York
International travel required: Approximately 25%
About PCI Media
Through storytelling and strategic communications, PCI Media inspires and empowers communities worldwide to take action on social justice, health, and the environment.
We believe that stories can change the world.
We use the principles of Social and Behavior Change Communication (SBCC) to craft media and programming and communication initiatives which inspire people to lead change in their own lives and communities. SBCC identifies ways in which people can make a difference through improving their knowledge, changing their attitudes and modifying their behavior or habits.
About the Position
Reporting to the VP, Global Programs, the Health Programs Lead is responsible for designing and implementing programs across the health portfolio. Our health communication programs include such topics and locations as: adolescent well-being in Bangladesh, nutrition in Sri Lanka, WASH, RSH and more in Mozambique, maternal, infant and child feeding in Ethiopia, a regional-level breastfeeding campaign in West and Central Africa and an HPV project at global level.
With this broad and demanding portfolio, we are seeking a highly organized and experienced project manager who can multi-task, take decisions and delegate. The ideal candidate will have solid experience working in international development, preferably in global health issues, and with a good understanding of Communication for Development and/or Social and Behavior Change Communication. Facilitating training sessions and workshops is a key part of the role. The Lead supervises a Health Programs Officer and team members in several countries, and liaises closely with Business Development and M&E functions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Project Management across the portfolio: developing and managing budgets andworkplans, coordinating consultants, clients, and colleagues;
- Ability to collaborate and negotiate with development clients
- Basic research and evaluation skills;
- Strong ability to develop communication products including guides and strategies
- Seeking new potential partners and projects;
- Grant and proposal writing;
- Identify and support applications to relevant conferences and events;
- Write publications for diverse audiences (technical, non-technical).
- 6 years or more of international work experience in Communications for Development(C4D), Social and Behavior Change Communication (SBCC) or related field;
- Degree in international development, global health, communication or related field;
- Demonstration of excellent technical writing and verbal communication skills in Englishrequired. The following languages are a plus: French, Spanish, Portuguese;
- Strong interpersonal skills, fast learner, and demonstrated pro-active approach toproblem solving;
- Experience developing communications strategies and tools to advance healthobjectives across audiences, including mass / online media, advocacy, socialmobilization and interpersonal communication;
- Experience facilitating participatory workshops with high-level stakeholders preferred;
- Excellent skills in Microsoft applications (Word, Access, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook);
- Current US Work Authorization required.
Other desirable qualities
- Strong communicator with internal and external teams;
- Able to go deep on programs, and still effectively manage multiple programs;
- Passionate about the work and flexible (this is not a 9-5 position);
- Ability to work well with remote teams and partners across time zones;
- Comfortable with multi-cultural teams;
- Team player who can delegate when required;
How to Apply
Along with a resume, please send a cover letter that explains your interest in the position, three references, and two writing samples. Please send your application by 8th November to email@example.com, with “Health Programs Lead” in the subject line. We will confirm receipt of your application.
PCI Media offers excellent conditions and benefits, and has a very friendly office situated in the heart of Manhattan, adjacent to the United Nations.