RED NOSE FOUNDATION
Psychosocial Officer (PO)
Red Nose Foundation
Red Nose Foundation’s mission is to support the educational and personal development of children living in underprivileged circumstances, and to promote the empowerment of youth through arts while assisting them to become positive contributors to society.
Red Nose Foundation strives to be the pioneering force behind creative education advocacy and rehabilitation. Red Nose Foundation offers a safe place for children to explore, experiment and learn. Red Nose Foundation currently works with 350 children offering over 120 hours of education and arts classes each week. Since 2008, Red Nose Foundation programming has affected over 120,000 children across Indonesia.
Red Nose Foundation uses circus as its main approach in developing the youths and children’s skills. The Social Circus approach is implemented in all of its programs to build self-confidence, discipline, teamwork, and good character. In addition to that, Red Nose runs many alternative education classes such as Science and Art, English and Drama, Hotel Vocational, Sport and Healthy Lifestyles, to support the students’ personal and educational development.
Position Available : Psychosocial Officer
Contract Duration : (1+1 years)
Reporting Supervisor : Program Coordinator
The Psychosocial Officer is responsible for improving beneficiaries’ mental health wellbeing and psychosocial conditions through classes, workshops, focus group discussions for children and parents. S/he will develop and implement the psychosocial curriculum, including reporting the results and findings from the program.
The Psychosocial Officer will usually frequent travels to the work sites. S/he will work 45 hours per week (Monday-Friday), but may be required to work some evenings and weekends per program needs.
- Bachelor or above on Education/Educational Psychology/Educational Management/Curriculum and Instruction, or other relevant education.
- At least 2 years’ experience of knowledge and demonstrated experience in program management related to children and education.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, both in English and Bahasa Indonesia.
- Knowledge and demonstrated experience of Indonesia national curriculum SD-SMA and international curriculums that are relevant with alternative education is preferred.
- Able to work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness.
- Interest in art and use of any art form in achieving educational objectives.
- Having knowledge of gender awareness is more preferable.
- To ensure children physical and psychological health
- Conduct and adapt psychological assessment related to the needs of children, distribute, and analyze the result 2 times in a year
- Conduct 10 hours of psychosocial classes for children once in a month
- Conduct Focus Group Discussion (FGD) for parents every 3 months
- Conduct Parents Seminar or Workshop in every 3 months
- Deliver soft skills curriculum in the vocational program
- Hold counseling session for children and youth for 8 hours a week
- Hold counseling session for parents 2 hours a week
- Make monthly, quarterly, and annual progress report to Program Coordinator
- Conduct psychosocial curriculum to be applied to children
- Conduct psychosocial curriculum to be applied to parents
- Conduct some additional psychosocial events for parents and children, or both together
- Conduct training for RNF teachers of related psychological issues for at least 3 times a year
- List down the books in library and make regulation for books loan
- Net monthly salary of IDR 4.000.000
- Health Insurance
- Generous Leave Arrangement
How to Apply
- Please send updated CV and cover letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org cc email@example.com with subject PO – (candidate’s name) by November 23rd, 2019.
- Application without text in the body of email will not be processed.
- Red Nose Foundation is a unique organization; please take time to visit our website Red Nose Foundation before applying for this position