RIKOLTO Indonesia (formerly VECO Indonesia), the regional branch of the international NGO RIKOLTO, committed to the development of a sustainable agricultural value chain and food system, is now recruiting a position to be based in Denpasar, Bali, Indonesia Province.
Resources Mobilization Adviser
This position focuses on the planning, search, generation and delivery of new ideas and project initiatives in line with Rikolto’s mission. RMA is responsible to transform ideas into attractive project and programme proposals, as well as to build strategic alliances that enhance the impact of Rikolto’s programmes.
RMA reports to the Management Team of Rikolto in Indonesia and a member of Rikolto’s International Fundraising Unit.
- Develop and implement the strategy and processes to expand the programme and projects – 15% of the time
- Develop and coordinate the implementation of the Rikolto’s fundraising strategies and plans
- Research, identify, and initiate access to funding opportunities
- Stay up to date on issues of socio-economic development, food system, climate smart agriculture, ecosystem restoration, fundraising and community development programmes and policies, and other issues relevant to the regional context
- Identify and visualize trends and opportunities for the consolidation, development and positioning of Rikolto
- Incorporate and monitor the application of the values, vision and mission of Rikolto in all the proposals developed
- Collaborate with the International Fundraising – Communication Team and take up tasks as agreed upon within the team
- Design and development of concept notes and proposals – 70% of time
- Coordinate the development of the concept and design of project/programme ideas and transform it into high quality expression of interests, letters of intention, concept notes, proposals and other relevant documents
- Proactive fundraising work: prepare and update a portfolio of concept notes and proposals that can be easily adjusted to new potential donors
- Coordinate the negotiation of grant agreements and contracts with donors to secure financial and non-financial resources (technicians, equipment and others)
- Evaluate and take lessons from the previous resource mobilisation initiatives
- Provide documents/materials to present Rikolto to donors and potential stakeholders in collaboration with the PLA and Communication Coordinators
- Mapping, establish and nurture relationship with donors and allies – 15 % of time
- Develop, maintain and regularly update donor database and advise the team for stronger presentation of ideas to donors
- Build and/or maintain positive and productive relationships with existing and potential donors, partner organizations and other stakeholders at all levels
- Represent Rikolto and/or accompany members of the Rikolto programme team at meetings with (potential) donors and other interested parties, according to requests
- Follow-up on donor reporting and ensure the quality of report submitted to donors
Knowledge and Skills
- Excellent writing skills (concept and proposal development)
- Excellent skills to write and speak in English. Fluency in Bahasa Indonesia is an advantage
- Strong capacity in project planning, management, monitoring and evaluation experience, including budgeting and reporting
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience in a fundraising or programme development initiative of international development organization with proven experience at successfully acquiring grants from donors and corporations, and in meeting grant targets
- Excellent interpersonal communications, relationship-building, conflict management, networking and negotiation skills, especially when developing / maintaining contacts and influencing development and funding agencies.
- Degree in relevant development field; master or another relevant post-graduate degree is an asset
To maintain a good gender balance in our team, we especially encourage female candidates to apply.
Please submit by e-mail your letter of interest, most recent CV, and minimum salary expectation , by the latest on Friday, 20th Desember 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.