SNV is a not-for-profit international development organisation that applies practical know-how to make a lasting difference in the lives of people living in poverty. We use our extensive and long-term in-country presence to apply and adapt our top-notch expertise in agriculture, energy and WASH to local contexts. SNV has over 1350 staff in 25 countries in Asia, Africa and Latin America. We are proud to be a not-for-profit organisation that uses project financing to implement our mission. This requires us to work efficiently and to invest in operational excellence.
In its new Strategic Plan period (2019 – 2022), SNV will more explicitly aim for systems change during project preparation and implementation – by strengthening institutions and kick-starting markets that help many more to escape poverty beyond our projects. We will continue to position ourselves as a premium organisation and invest in making knowledge flow to and from the frontline.
Our global team of local and international advisors works with local partners to equip communities, businesses and organisations with the tools, knowledge and connections they need to increase their incomes and gain access to basic services – empowering them to break the cycle of poverty and guide their own development.
SNV’s WASH initiatives in both a rural and an urban context will provide access to improved drinking water services and/or improved sanitation facilities for 10 million people from 2016 to 2018. Our work improves environmental health by reducing pathways for disease transmission, enhances nutrition – especially in regards to stunting in children- and reduces both untreated human waste and wastewater.
Long-term sustainability lies at the core of our work. We strengthen public governance around WASH services, support institutional changes and capacity, develop financially viable services, and improve asset management of existing WASH infrastructure. This includes strengthening the roles of civil society and the private sector in advocacy and operation, as well as promoting sector and stakeholder dialogue and reflection about changing needs and standards in the light of increasing urbanisation and the Sustainable Development Goals.
SNV has been working in Indonesia since 2013 in partnership with government institutions, private sector and local organisations across two sectors –Agriculture and Water and Sanitation. Climate change and gender are cross-cutting issues underlying all our interventions. Currently we operate in 7 provinces spanning from West to Eastern Indonesia. Our primary office is in Jakarta, with project offices in Bandar Lampung and Tasikmalaya. For the WASH sector, SNV is focused on increasing access to safely managed sanitation and water, and in sustaining positive changes in hygiene behaviour, by providing scalable, market driven solutions tailored to rural and urban contexts. We have a strong track record in both rural and urban WASH and strong representation at national platforms. Our work is aligned with the development priorities of the Government of Indonesia.
Overview of the position
SNV seeks a talented, entrepreneurial, result-oriented and proven professional who will work with the country team in Indonesia to further build on SNV’s high quality WASH programme.
The WASH Sector Leader
- Is responsible for the overall quality of WASH programme content, business development, steering the quality of technical advisory services, and overall management of the SNV WASH programmes in country;
- Is responsible for donor reporting and relations in country;
- Will enhance the quality and visibility of our WASH programmes and position SNV within the national WASH sector; and
- Assumes the role of in-country Program Manager for the WASH project in-country.
The WASH Sector Leader reports directly to the Country Director and collaborates closely with the WASH global sector team.
- Strategic Leadership: develop country level WASH strategy aligned to corporate WASH frameworks;
- Advisory Services: lead complex assignments, set benchmarks for results, and monitor quality of advisory services of the WASH sector team;
- Programme Management: deliver effective development results, planning and monitoring, financial management, and donor reporting;
- Business Development: develop proposals and secure funding for innovative WASH programmes;
- People Management: lead, manage, and coach the team of SNV advisors, local capacity builders and consultants;
- Relationship Management: ensure cordial relationships with variety of partners connecting different processes in a competitive market and identify strategic alliances and networks to invest in;
- Monitoring & Evaluation: ensure uniform understanding and practice in planning, reporting, monitoring, and evaluation of WASH programmes in line with SNV’s internal frameworks;
- Representation & Promotion: develop and maintain relationships with stakeholders to improve SNV’s market position and actively participate in external and internal networks;
- Knowledge management: Facilitate learning, documentation and evidence based knowledge development in collaboration with SNV’s global team and partners;
- Contribute to SNV as a member of the Country Management Team.
- Relevant advanced academic qualification in WASH or related field;
- 7+ years of relevant experience in WASH service delivery including at least 5 years in a management role, preferably in Asia;
- Experience in urban sanitation; preferably in on-site and non-sewered sanitation;
- A sound understanding of the WASH SDG 6, with particular attention to the needs of women, girls and other vulnerable groups;
- International work experience and the ability to effectively coach and lead a team of advisors in a multi-cultural setting;
- Strong background in resource mobilisation with demonstrated/excellent writing skills;
- Demonstrated programme design, proposal writing, business development, and international donor relationship management;
- Proven track record in project management, specifically in project planning, monitoring, evaluation, reporting and financial management for large scale comprehensive projects;
- Interest to collaborate, contribute to and learn from peers in SNV’s global WASH network;
- Established WASH networks and strong relationship management skills;
- Proficiency in English speaking, reading and writing required;
- The successful candidate will be a self-motivated achiever with excellent intercultural leadership, teamwork, coaching, communication, networking and organisational skills.
Contract Type: International
Contract Duration: 2 years
Expected Start Date: June-July 2020
Information Duty Station: Jakarta, Indonesia
Working at SNV
SNV offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package. We offer a challenging work environment, opportunities to lead and innovate, and a commitment to growing your skills in a fulfilling and diverse working environment. Our staff benefit from, and contribute to, an internal global network of WASH experts.
How to Apply
If you believe that your credentials meet the outlined profile, we invite you to apply by uploading your CV and letter of motivation indicating salary expectations by clicking on the “I’m interested” button.
All information will be in the strictest confidence. We will revert to you as soon as feasible when we have reviewed your application.
We do not appreciate third-party mediation based on this advertisement
HOW TO APPLY:
Please Apply online at: CLICK HERE