International Fundraising Director
Job Title: International Fundraising Director
Location: at Four Paws HQ, other locations may be considered.
Reports to: Chief Marketing Officer
Salary: €70,000+ dependant on experience
FOUR PAWS is the global animal welfare organisation for animals under human influence, which reveals suffering, rescues animals in need and protects them. Founded by Heli Dungler in Vienna in 1988, the organisation focuses on stray dogs and cats as well as pets, farm animals and wild animals kept in inappropriate conditions as well as in disaster and conflict zones. With sustainable campaigns and projects, FOUR PAWS provide rapid help and long-term protection for suffering animals.
Purpose of the role:
The Director Fundraising is responsible for the strategic direction and implementation of fundraising strategies and activities in line with the overall FOUR PAWS organisational strategy. This role includes the planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of fundraising relevant programme activities within the department as well as ensuring cooperation and coordination with other departments and external partners. The Director Fundraising will ensure the leadership and supervision of all fundraising team members internationally.
- Responsible for the development and the implementation of fundraising strategies globally as well as for the translation of the global fundraising strategies into the national strategies in cooperation with the Vienna, directors in the countries.
- Assessing external situations, innovations and trends to ensure the development and competitiveness of the organisation on a global scale.
- Overseeing the budgeting, controlling and reporting on the finances and activities of fundraising globally and in the countries.
- Supervise the annual planning, monitoring and evaluating, stakeholder management and quality management globally and in the countries.
- Lead and supervise the development and coordination of fundraising teams across different geographic regions to deliver fundraising goals and to maximise performance, including staff management, staff development and teambuilding on international level.
- Ensuring good cooperation with other departments and country offices and sanctuaries.
- Developing relevant networks and stakeholder relationships in support of the strategic fundraising goals.
Specifically, the International Fundraising Director will:
- Be the expert for individual giving within the organisation.
- Be responsible for the core fundraising channels in individual giving and the core market DACH.
- Work with the local Heads of Fundraising in DACH to be the main contact for Fundraising agencies.
- Develop and implement reporting and management systems for collecting and maintaining donor data throughout the organisation.
- Minimum experience of 8 years in fundraising at Director or other managerial level with at least 5 years of experience on an international level (DACH or global).
- Relevant education or training, ideally with a professional qualification in fundraising.
- Excellent German and English language skills (written and spoken).
- Ability to lead and communicate professionally with a high service orientation.
- Strategic mind-set as well as excellent organisational and interpersonal competencies.
- Willingness and ability to travel internationally on a regular basis.
How to apply
To apply for the post, please send a letter of application stating the skills and approach that you would bring to this specific post along with your resume/CV in strict confidence by email to Zoe Oldham at firstname.lastname@example.org. Documents must be submitted in English and in Word format. No other format will be considered. No documents other than those requested will be accepted at this stage. CVs with photos will not be accepted in any case.
Please ensure that documents are sent with the titles “your name cover letter” and “your name CV” and state “Four Paws International Fundraising Director” in the email subject line. Please do let us know, in your covering email, where you found out about the post.
Deadline for applications: Sunday 16th February 2020