Employer: Indochina Starfish Foundation (ISF)
Position title: Senior Development Officer
Employment type: Full-time
Location: Phnom Penh, Cambodia
ISF is an international organisation based in Phnom Penh providing a holistic programme of support to disadvantaged Cambodian children and youth. Combining quality education, healthcare, sport and community development projects, ISF is supporting children and families marginalized by poverty and social stigma to build brighter futures.
ISF is seeking a highly motivated and skilled individual to take on the role of Senior Development Officer (SDO). The successful applicant will be a dynamic and committed individual with excellent fundraising, relationship management, interpersonal and communication skills.
Working closely with ISF’s Development Manager, the SDO is responsible for identifying and cultivating trust and foundation, corporate and institutional donors, planning events and campaigns, creating and maintain strong donor and partner relationships, overseeing communications, applications and reporting. The SDO is part of a small team of international and local staff and reports to the Development Manager.
Duties and Key Responsibilities
- Managing Trust and Foundation and Corporate relationships
- Identifying opportunities for funding
- Writing high quality proposals, applications and reports
- Proofing and editing communications and reports
- Tracking donations and grant funding, creating budgets and financial reports
- Supporting Country Manager with document editing and Board Meeting preparation
Skills and Competence
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a donor-facing role including fundraising, proposal writing and reporting
- Formal qualification or training in International Development or a related field
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills, native English speaker
- Successful track record in securing and managing trust and foundation, corporate and institutional funding and major gifts
- Successful track record in writing high quality funding proposals, applications and reports
- Be self-motivated, solution-focused, outgoing, friendly and persuasive; comfortable meeting new people and be able to impress and motivate ISF’s current and potential donors and partners
- Strong financial management skills to include budgeting, analysis and reporting
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Experience in monitoring and evaluating donor-funded projects
- Excellent communication, organisational and time management skills
- CRM (Salesforce) experience
- Experience of working in Cambodia
- Remuneration$22,100-$24,700 per annum depending on experience
- 18 days annual leave a year, plus mandated Cambodian public holidays
- Health insurance with emergency evacuation
- Training and professional development opportunities
Applicants should send a covering letter, CV and two professional writing samples (not significantly edited by others) as well as the names of three professional referees to email@example.com before 12th January 2020.
ISF follows a strict Child Protection and Safeguarding Policy. All applicants will be thoroughly screened and will be expected to attend child safeguarding training if hired.