Consultancy Opportunity: Consultant for the Development of Post-abortion Counselling Aids for Health Providers
Period of Consultancy: 3 months
Yayasan Inisiatif Perubahan Akses menuju Sehat (IPAS) Indonesia is a local foundation works as affiliation of Ipas global so that women and girls have improved sexual and reproductive health and rights through enhanced access to and use of safe abortion and contraceptive care as per Indonesia’s Law. Yayasan IPAS Indonesia supports Government of Indonesia’s effort to reduce maternal mortality and improve reproductive health wellbeing of women and girls, by working with the Ministry of Health and/or other government agencies in strengthening the health system, and to engage the community through health education programs in collaboration with local civil society organizations. Currently, Yayasan IPAS Indonesia is implementing a pilot model for comprehensive post-abortion care (PAC) in 3 selected areas in Java, Indonesia.
Yayasan IPAS Indonesia is currently seeking a team of Consultant consisting of one (1) psychiatrist and one (1) clinical psychologist; preferably with women’s (reproductive) health background/experience.
Scope of Work
The Consultants will work under direct supervision of Senior HSS Advisor, with day-to-day supervision by Health Systems Policy Advisor. The scope of the consultancy work covers:
- Development of post-abortion counselling materials and guide for health providers, which cover: breaking bad news providing psychological support, screening and assessment of specific psychosocial needs, choosing treatment procedure, and family planning/choosing contraceptive methods.
- Development of tools/forms to assist health providers in providing post-abortion counselling.
- Individual consultations, meetings, or FGDs to discuss the guide and tools with key stakeholders, e.g. MOH (Sub-directorate of Reproductive Health – Directorate of Family Health), professional associations, policy makers, in close coordination with Yayasan IPAS Health Systems Policy Advisor
- Organize workshops with health providers to try out the counselling guide and tools and gain feedback for finalization in close coordination with Yayasan IPAS Health Systems Policy Advisor
- A team of consultant consisting of one psychiatrist and one clinical psychologist
- Preferably with women’s (reproductive) health background/experience.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience with at least two (2) years spent in counselling or mental health practice.
- Experience in developing learning materials or manuals.
- Ability to travel during the period of consultancy
Knowledge and skills
- Hold basic knowledge of sexual reproductive health and rights, women’s (reproductive) health issues, post-abortion care, contraceptives
- Extensive knowledge and perspective about human psychology, mental health, patient-provider communication, and counselling.
- Able to develop a counselling manual and tools for health providers as stated in the scope of work (in Bahasa Indonesia).
- Reachable and easy to communicate.
- Ability to work within the designated consultancy period.
How to apply
Interested applicants may submit their application to IndonesiaHR@ipas.org, by indicating the title of consultancy as the subject of the email.
Applications must include cover letter with indication of expected fee, CV and recent portfolio.
Application shall be sent by 27 January 2020, at the latest.