Monitoring and Evaluation (MnE) Officer at Red Nose Foundation
Position Available: Monitoring and Evaluation (MnE) Officer
Project: Capacity Strengthening of RNF’s Program – Job Readiness and Vocational Training for disadvantaged and underprivileged Young People in Jakarta
Contract Date: 1 year (following 3-months probation) with possible extension for the duration of the project
Reporting Supervisor: Program Coordinator
Location: South Jakarta – Indonesia
Application Deadline: January 31st, 2020
The Red Nose Foundation (RNF) is a non-profit art and education outreach organization established in 2008. To attract young people, it uses arts and Social Circus, the latter being a unique way to help at-risk children and youth develop and learn determination, self- discipline, communication, self-reliance, and confidence in own strengths and capacities to accomplish their future dreams. Traditionally, the RNF runs three major programs for children and young people: 1) An Arts and Education Outreach Program using visual arts and music to teach science and math in line with the national curriculum, as well as classes in English, basic literacy, tutoring, equivalency exam preparation, 2) The Formal Education Support System Program offering full and partial scholarships for children in grades 1-12; and, 3) The Performance Troupe, a Social Circus Program.
With EMpower funding, the RNF piloted a new Vocational Training Program in 2016, which is run out of the Community Centre in Cilincing, a poor fishermen community in North Jakarta. The main objective is to increase educational outcomes as well as employability and life skills, and access to decent employment for disadvantaged and underprivileged young people living in high poverty pockets in Jakarta, Indonesia to ease their transition to adulthood in a globalized setting.
The program trains young people 18 – 24 years old, who have dropped out of school to work or have not been able to maintain their enrolment at the RNF, in Hospitality (Food and Beverage). The training is split into a 3 months in-house training and on average a 4 months full-time internship with a hotel or restaurant (the internship period varies from 3 to 6 months). During the internship, the Red Nose Foundation provides a stipend to the students (spent on food, transport, necessities, etc.), and also finds and pays for a lodging place nearby the internship place, where the students will live to not have to travel far distances.
Duties and Responsibility
The main objective of this position is to help RNF for strengthening its monitoring and evaluation systems and practices and generate evidence-based feedback for program planning and policy formulation.
Scope of Work
M&E Officer will perform the following tasks:
- Support planning and implementation of monitoring and evaluation activities on effectiveness of RNF project;
- Review and give technical feedback on monitoring and evaluation plans for new programs and budget revisions to ensure that plans are risk-based and focus on measuring results (e.g. checking monitoring and evaluation budgets are allocated and appropriate log-frame indicators and outcome targets are documented);
- Contribute to the analysis of outcome data and recommend improvements to program interventions;
- Produce frequent monitoring and evaluation progress reports with the status of results and implementation of improvements;
- Follow-up on monitoring and evaluation findings to ensure that corrective actions are taken and/or adjustments are made to program responses as required;
- Work in close collaboration with internal team and external partners to strengthen the quality and consistency of monitoring and evaluation activities in the field;
- Work in close collaboration with internal counterparts and external partners to strengthen the data quality, accuracy and consistency to build credible performance evidence;
- Provide monitoring and evaluation findings and recommendations to support performance planning and risk analysis, emergency preparedness, security risk management, and risk mitigation activities.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to adapt the message to culturally diverse audiences.
- Knowledge of the organization’s mandate and its program of activities.
- Good analytical skills.
- Good knowledge of computer applications for information collection, management, and dissemination.
- Ability to work on own initiative as well as a member of a team.
Education and experience
- Bachelor degree in Sociology, Social Development, Development, Economics or Performance Management or other relevant fields;
- Experience in NGOs would be an added advantage;
- One year of professional experience at the national level in public information or related fields of work
- Proficiency in spoken and written both Bahasa Indonesia and English.
- Monthly salary IDR 4.268.000 (net)
- Health insurance
- Generous leave arrangement
How to Apply
Please send updated CV and cover letter by email to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org with subject M&E – (candidate’s name) by January 31st, 2020.
Application without text in the body of the email will not be processed.
Monitoring and Evaluation Officer at the Red Nose Foundation