Oxfam is a global movement of people working together to end the injustice of poverty.
Do you have experience in working with Internasional NGO?
Do you have an accounting background?
Do you have experience in financial management? If the answer is yes, then would like to hear from you!
What we are looking for
We are looking for Finance Assistant who will ensure finance contributes to and is aligned to the programme, country and region’s strategic goals by providing effective support and advice to management, supervision and the workforce to ensure they all can fulfil their role’s, complying with Oxfam’s “Code of Conduct” and values, as well as to ensure effective implementation of Oxfam GB Policy and compliance to Indonesian labour law
- To assist the Finance Officer with the financial management of the area programme.
- Oversee the finance operations this includes: payment; maintenance of cash and bank books; production of timely management information; verify cheque payment process.
- Provide management with a statement of expenditure against budget on all programmes on a regular basis that will assist project planning and delivery. Assist with the transactional and reporting aspects of the financial management systems of the relief programme.
- Responsible and check tracking system of requisition and PO, assets control and fuel control.
- To be responsible to manage cash and bank transactions (office and programme), prepare paper work including writing cheques, and ensure correct authorization level is attained.
- To review of all outstanding float on a regular basis.
- To be responsible to enter the financial transactions into Oxfam computerize financial packages and ensuring it accurate and meet deadline and running trial balance.
- 1 or 2 years’ experience in finance management position.
- Minimum diploma level certification or proven extensive work training.
- Computer literacy (Microsoft office and email) also written and spoken fluency in Bahasa Indonesia and English.
- Training and work experience in accounting and the management finance is an advantage.
This role will give you an opportunity to make a difference in working in NGO, to act as key contributor to finance team, to work with a group of passionate people that are specialists in their fields, training and development, offers fair pay and competitive benefits package.
Complete Job Profile can be downloaded in attached file HERE
Our values and commitment to safeguarding
Oxfam is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people, adults and beneficiaries with whom Oxfam GB engages. Oxfam expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
The post holder will undertake the appropriate level of training and is responsible for ensuring that they understand and work within the safeguarding policies of the organisation.
All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records and terrorism finance checks. Oxfam GB also participates in the Inter Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme. In line with this Scheme, we will request information from job applicants’ previous employers about any findings of sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and/or sexual harassment during employment, or incidents under investigation when the applicant left employment. By submitting an application, the job applicant confirms his/her understanding of these recruitment procedures.
We are committed to ensuring diversity and gender equality within our organisation and encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.
How to apply
As part of your online application, please upload your up to date CV and respond to two key questions related to your experience in Finance. Your application will be shortlisted based on your CV and your responses to the above questions. You need not comment on your suitability against the essential criteria in the job profile.