Launched in early 2016, WRI Indonesia is currently carrying out One Map Initiative (OMI) Program, which is aimed at helping the Indonesian Government to accelerate implementation of the One Map Policy. The overall objective of the One Map Initiative is to transform land use decision-making processes to be open, accountable, and participatory. WRI Indonesia will achieve this through catalyzing a unified and transparent land use planning and monitoring system that is accessible to all land use stakeholders. Through partnership with local governments, civil societies and the private sectors, WRI Indonesia will develop a model of engagement that could help address conflict on the local level and could be scaled-up into the National One Map Initiative.
To this end, WRI Indonesia is currently supporting one of our key partners to develop a smallholder registration platform (E-STDB) to support the government of Indonesia’s commitment on sustainable palm oil initiative. The platform is tailored to improve national database of plantation smallholder and will include analytical feature on compliance of smallholder in Indonesia to the land use regulation.
The E-STDB System Developer Consultant will be based in Jakarta to support the One Map initiative team in developing the platform. He/she will assist the team in providing strategic technical and operational support to operationalize the platform, engage with key stakeholders, collect users input to improve user experience and reliability of the platform, and develop other use cases of the platform.
The consultant will report to WRI Indonesia Land Use Accountability Manager and coordinate with close coordination to WRI Indonesia Sustainable Commodities Manager.
The consultant main areas of responsibility will include the following:
System developer technical works (70%)
- Provide expertise on Information Technology (IT) and Information Management System (IMS) to support the development of plantation licenses platform;
- Analyze various user requirements based on project needs;
- Main developer of web-based platforms, including website(s) and the related data infrastructure, features, spatial and statistical analysis, and other functions;
- Conduct rapid business needs analysis towards effective and efficient IMS to accelerate the implementation of the platform;
- Integrate existing platforms to work together;
- Developing technical notes and user guidelines;
- Review the quality and quantity of the data submitted to the platform;
- Actively contributing to the development of the platform, including its user experience and system reliability.
Stakeholders engagement (30%)
- Engage with key stakeholder of the platform (mainly national government agency and private sector) to better understand the need of the users and improve the platform;
- Plan and conduct users training in key provinces, together with WRI Indonesia commodities team;
- Provide general support to WRI Indonesia One Map initiative team working on the platform as needed.
- Final Report of Technical Specification pertaining to system architecture and recommendations for improvement.
- Users training for government in key priority provinces;
- User Guide on how to use the platform.
- Legally able to work in Indonesia;
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field, preferably with coursework in information technology, system analyst, web design and programming, web-GIS/geoportal development, and/or information management system;
- Minimum four years of professional working experience in the field of IT and IMS as well as able to demonstrate skills and knowledge to perform this assignment professionally;
- Minimum three years of experience in web programming, both in front and back-end environment;
- Minimum two years of experience in developing and managing database and information management system;
- Minimum two years of experience working with local governments, civil societies and/or the private sectors entities;
- Detail-oriented, organized, and systematic individual with strong time management skills;
- Ability to communicate ideas and concept to wide range of audience.
- Understanding of, and experience in several CMS frameworks;
- Understanding of, and experience in database development using MySQL and PostgreSQL/PostGIS;
- Understanding of, and experience in server-side programming using PHP, Python, and MVC concept;
- Understanding of, and experience in web-based GIS framework such as OpenGeo, GeoNode/GeoShape, Cartoview and/or Leaflet/OpenLayers, d3, HighCharts. Familiarity with GIS Server such as ArcGIS Server, GeoServer, and/or MapServer;
- Familiarity with data visualization tools such as Shiny, Tableau and Google Charts;
- Familiarity with the whole web stack, including protocols and web server optimization techniques.Understanding of, and able to design and setup server and network, including server and network architecture design, software, and/or LINUX operating system;
- Fluency in Indonesian and English.
Period of Work
1 April 2020 – 31 December 2020 with a possibility of extension, subject to individual performance, project needs and budget availability.
Terms of Payment
Daily rate consultant with maximum 90 (ninety) working days for the whole contract period (10 working days per month in average)
Must have authorization to work in Indonesia to be eligible for this position.
Final candidates might be required to take a writing test and to produce two writing samples when needed.
Consultant rate: Consultant rate is commensurate with experience and skills.
Qualified applicants should apply online through WRI career portal CLICK HERE in order to be formally considered.
Application close: 1700 (Jakarta Time), 26 March 2020. We will close the advert earlier when the best candidates are identified at earlier dates.
This is a locally engaged position; Indonesian nationals are encouraged to apply.