Location : Jakarta, Indonesia
Term : June/July-Dec 2020 (6 months)
Deadline of submission : June 8th, 2020
The Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition (GAIN) is a Swiss-based foundation launched at the UN in 2002 to tackle the human suffering caused by malnutrition. Working in alliances with government, business, academia and beneficiaries, we aim to transform food systems so that they deliver more nutritious and safe food for all people, especially the most vulnerable. GAIN’s Indonesia Postharvest Loss Alliance for Nutrition (IPLAN) project facilitated the establishment of the Jejaring Pasca-Panen untuk Gizi Indonesia (JP2GI), based on a decree from the Director of Community Nutrition, Ministry of Health which mandates cooperation with the Ministry of Maritime Affairs and Fisheries. In September 2019, JP2GI became a fully independent association (www.jp2gi.org).
As a leader in identifying and delivering solutions to address malnutrition, GAIN seeks to strengthen the value chain for nutritious food thus making nutritious diets more affordable and accessible for vulnerable populations. To this end, we take a market-based approach, promoting investment in local private enterprises along the value chain. With our new strategy, we hope to reach a formative, sustainable and scalable solution to food insecurity and malnutrition.
GAIN Indonesia has signed a Memorandum of Understanding with the Ministry of Health, Republic of Indonesia to assist public nutrition improvement programs. One of these is IPLAN, which set up the JP2GI to bring together the multitude of public and private sector actors addressing the issue to collectively reduce loss and waste of nutritious fish. The JP2GI aims to reduce post-harvest loss of fish through education and adoption of appropriate technology, increase partnership and collaboration among stakeholders, provide information and knowledge management at local, national and global level and increase availability, affordability and sustainability of nutritious fish and fish-based food for public consumption.
As part of the JP2GI’s sustainability plan GAIN provides grant, advisory and technical assistance during 2020, to enable it embracing its objectives, sustaining itself financially. The consultant will work closely with GAIN’s Senior Project Manager (IPLAN) and the Executive Director of the JP2GI. S/he will be seconded to the JP2GI’s office in Jakarta. The consultant will facilitate the JP2GI in grant management, provide strategic technical assistance and ensure GAIN’s grant to this Association is effectively used.
- The JP2GI will provide an office space for the consultant.
- GAIN will provide remuneration for the consultant for the first term. Second term if any, will be remunerated by JP2GI
- Operational costs such as official transports for the total term(s) will be provided by the JP2GI.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
Coordinate IPLAN project objectives to strategically support and sustain JP2GI:
- Ensure effective utilization and timely reporting of GAIN’s grant to the JP2GI.
- Organize and manage capacity building provided by GAIN to the JP2GI.
- Liaise and support stakeholders’ engagement to cultivate JP2GI.
- Liaise with program development and delivery teams to ensure that all JP2GI’s activities are completed according to the project implementation and budget as stated in the Grant Agreement with GAIN.
- PreparingJP2GI to take a strategic role in the efforts to adopt indicator 12.3.1 of the Sustainable Development Goals on Global Food Losses by the government
- Develop and strengthen JP2GI’s visibility and membership:
- Assist with the engagement, branding’s visibility and delivery of communication strategy of the JP2GI through various means and methods including advocacy, social media, technology expo and report publication.
- Support JP2GI’s executive board to strengthen and expand its membership.
- Coordinate utilization and ensure content updated of the JP2GI’s website, including mobilizing JP2GI’s resources and experts as website contributors.
- Organizational strengthening for JP2GI’s sustainability:
- Facilitate JP2GI in developing organizational strategic plan.
- Facilitate JP2GI to review and update their standard operational procedures (SOPs).
- Provide advice and support to ensure good corporate governance by JP2GI.
- Lesson-learnt documentation and reporting
- Manage lesson-learnt and documentation of the JP2GI’s activities through several activities such as assessment, data collection, research, etc.
- Support to leverage those learnings and documentations for the sustainability of JP2GI.
- Contribute to the development of general I-PLAN learning, documentation and reporting.
- External relations
- Develop and maintain positive collaboration between JP2GI and Government, GAIN, Private Sectors, Donors and other strategic counterparts.
- Work closely with other initiatives to enable a food system approach to promote dietary diversity and incorporate lesson learned into program planning to the whole organization.
- Provide other supports as requested by the GAIN IPLAN Senior Project Manager.
Key Organization Relationships
- Supervised and report to GAIN’s I-PLAN Senior Program Manager to ensure robust delivery of the assigned tasks.
- Work closely with the JP2GI executive board.
A monthly fix rate and variable fee based on current month achievement as agreed monthly by the IPLAN Senior Program Manager will be provided to the consultant.
6 months from June/July 2020 up to Dec 2020 by GAIN. Based on need, a follow-on contract may be issued by the JP2GI.
- Indonesian Citizenship.
Competences (Skills and Attributes):
- Excellent communication skills, oral and written, in English and Indonesian.
- Excellent project management and strategic thinking skills.
- Effective communicator in multicultural, multi-lingual environments,
- Proven ability to prioritize, multi-task and to work well under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Proven ability to operate within public sectors and the corporate to effectively liaise with private companies, development agencies and governments in multiple cultures.
- Flexible, goal oriented and willingness and ability to travel in challenging environments,
- IT literate with excellent MS Office skills including advanced Word, Excel and PowerPoint,
- Solid experience in leading an association / alliance / cooperative / multi-stakeholder body.
- Fund-raising experience particularly from CSR / philanthropy sectors
- At least 5 years management experience in post-harvest loss/ food safety/ agriculture/agribusiness/ or related development projects in a civil society organization, private sector partnership.
- Knowledge of public sector policy around improving enabling environments for reducing postharvest losses & waste of perishable foods, food safety.
- Bachelor’s degree in agribusiness, development, communication or public policy.
For more information about the role, please visit the following link : http://jp2gi.org/web/article/35
Interested candidates please send your CV to GAINIndonesia@gainhealth.org the latest on June 8th, 2020