Position: Researcher in Economics & Finance
Institute for Essential Services Reform (IESR) is an Indonesia think tank on energy and environment, based in Jakarta. IESR aims to accelerate low carbon energy transition in Indonesia and address its impacts on the Indonesia economy and society. IESR produces facts and science-based analysis for policymakers, stakeholders and the general public.
IESR is seeking an experienced and dynamic individual to work on various research in economics and finance under energy and environmental theme. The selected person will be responsible to conduct analysis and research, writing up reports, develop data-base on economic and finance, and should be able to communicate effectively at all levels.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Interpreting research specifications and developing a work plan that satisfies requirements.
- Conducting desktop research, and using books, journal articles, newspaper sources, questionnaires, surveys, polls, and interviews to gather data.
- Conducting field research if needed/required, and gather data from primary sources.
- Following a strict code of ethics and protecting any confidential information at all times.
- Maintaining and protecting electronic database.
- Writing research reports, briefing paper, and contribute to produce campaign/communication material/products.
- Writing proposals and delivering presentations when required.
- Work with a team of researchers within the organization.
- Work closely with program managers to identify research priorities.
- Strong background in economics/finance, minimum Master degree in economics and/or finance from reputable university preferable.
- Minimum of 2 years of research experience.
- An understanding of energy, climate, development, and financial issue is an advantage.
- Proven experience in the research field.
- Sound understanding in research methodology.
- Sound understanding of data collection and practical in database management.
- Sound analytical skill.
- Strong statistics and mathematical aptitude.
- Problem solving skill.
- Attention to detail and exception written and communication skills.
- Professional English level both written and oral.
- Excellent with MS Office system or similar software.
- Excellent with economics, statistics, and financial analysis tools/software or model.
Two years contract and can be extended, with 3 months’ probation. Expected starting in September 2020.
Salary and benefits are competitive and will be commensurate with the candidate’s qualifications and experiences.
How to apply
- Candidate to download application form from IESR website;
- Send the completed application form, together with an application letter and latest CV to email@example.com before August 15th, 2020.
- Only qualified candidates will be called for interviews.