Project title :
Rural Economic Development Programme Phase 2 – Component 3: Value chain development support services and service delivery capacity of local government in the Highlands Region
Country: Papua New Guinea
Key expert 2 (senior): Agro economist (200 working days)
Qualifications and skills
- The Expert must hold a university degree or equivalent in a relevant, directly related discipline (e.g. agriculture, rural development and/or development economics or a similar field). Alternatively, a relevant professional experience of at least 4 years in projects pertinent to this contract could replace and advanced degree.
- The Expert must be fully proficient in written and spoken English
General professional experience
- Preferably 8 years of professional experience, but a minimum of 5, in the management and implementation of aid programmes.
Specific professional experience
- A minimum of 1 year of professional experience with rural communities in developing countries.
- A minimum of 2 years of professional experience in local institutional capacity development.
- A minimum of 1 year of professional experience in the areas of agricultural production, value chain development and rural markets access.
The assignment duration is 15 months.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please add “the position applied for and the name of the country” in the subject line.
Please note that only selected candidates will be contacted back.
Preferred Format: EU Format
Closing Date: 04 November 2016